Can on christmas day we remember to celebrate the birth of a man so influencial in our lives

Lennie in Of Mice And Men was a gentleman to (in his way) and he loved stuff to much, guess what happened to stuff he loved :-D

Nah that is a mischievous comment. I agree he loved the club, just went about it badly
So, entirely accurate

His minutes silence was so well respected. I was astounded.

Is it so surprising? He was City through and through. For all he got wrong, that wasn't in doubt.

No I suppose not - just thought some tits would ruin. In my early days of following city Swales out was a constant. I liked him! Seemed a great Arthur Daley type character.

No I suppose not - just thought some tits would ruin. In my early days of following city Swales out was a constant. I liked him! Seemed a great Arthur Daley type character.
He wasnt that. Arthur Daley was a shyster and knew it and played up to it. Swales took himself very seriously; he was on the FA committee and loved that. Time is being generous to him though, opinions are mellowing amongst middle aged blues I think. He was a twat at the time, but he meant well in his own way.

He wasnt that. Arthur Daley was a shyster and knew it and played up to it. Swales took himself very seriously; he was on the FA committee and loved that. Time is being generous to him though, opinions are mellowing amongst middle aged blues I think. He was a twat at the time, but he meant well in his own way.

This is it, at the time the man infuriatede and everyone I know, in fact when I was only a baby was when he treated Book like shite with the bringing Mal back, and that did it for me dad, who stopped going for a few years
Not setting foot back in Maine rd while that tosser was in charge was what he used to say, luckily he relented as us kids pestered him to go, but he would stand in windy corner muttering expletives about swales between getting behind the team, but he was surrounded by others also venting what a twat the man was.
God swales used to annoy the fuck out of me through the years, his treatment of Lake, the fuck ups with transfers, his piss poor reasons for sacking managers, and what came across as general fuckwittery and an hard facedness that made him unlikable.

But looking back, I had some great times on the kippax and going away through those years, met and made friends with some great people and despite the ups and down and some dire match days we really had good days out.

As I said earlier, he was a fan and blue and I expect I would have made similar fuck ups if i owned the club, I am now in my mid 40's though and with the club now doing so well, I guess it's seems I can take a bit of a nostalgic view now rather than just hating the man as I did back then.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.