Can Sergio Reach Ballon d'or Heights

If we continued playing him in the current formation without an out an out strike partner and using him as the tip of the attack then he would soon catch up injuries withstanding.

He is coming into his own this year and the more he starts believing in himself as 'the one' as opposed to him being the support act, the better we will be for it. Its time to start wrapping him up in wool like Barca and Real Madrid do to their main assets and shoot for that Blue Moon.

If we get a consistent Navas or replacement (ala Di Maria, Robben or Reus) and get Yaya focused we can beat anyone with this team and a fit Sergio running riot at the front. Was lovin the Jo jo partnership but Nasri and Silva coming back will soften the blow.

At least Edin has a career as a boxing trainer to fall back on as as much we owe him, we look a better team without him.
Keep shootin Sergio and believing as the world is your oyster if you keep this up.

He'll get nominated once or twice I reckon. Doubt he'd ever win it though, due to certain factors that most have already mentioned.

He'll be in the frame if he does this over the full season but whilst ronaldo is scoring like he is then i cant see him having much of a chance.

Could the boring 2 horse race between Messi and Ronaldo help him win it? If he carries on in this form , who knows! Would be amazing for sergio and us.

We'd have to get to at least the CL semi finals for any chance of it happening as that is all they seem to go on when deciding the short list.

No.

With Messi only a year older, I can't see Sergio overtaking him. He'll probably be top 3 a couple of times though.

In another generation, he may well have won it 2 or 3 times.

de niro said:
EllisMCFC said:
Wondering if you guys think Sergio could be an actual contender for the Ballon d'or

serious?

I guessI should rethink that now because of what happened at Everton. So far he's had a great season but everytime he falls to the ground I literally pee my pants. But I guess it was to good to be true. Maybe after the injury layoff he''ll be back to old form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.