Can Steven Gerrard be classed as a domestic failure?

No, it's a team effort to win silverware. Gerrard was an excellent player and stayed loyal to a mainly just top four team.
Stayed loyal ......hmmmmm. I suppose as a footballer, broken legs are not much use to you.
Then again he could always turn his hand to gangster things, especially writing nice letters to crown courts about them and deejaying he'd be good at that I'm sure.

He’s certainly going to be reminded of his slip during the last game of the season at the Etihad.

Fantastic player , saw him a few times just before he broke into the first team, you could see even then what a player he was going to be (better than Yaya though ? behave).
No way a domestic failure, those Liverpool teams were average compared to those in the 70’s and 80’s, yet he still managed to win quite a bit.
Imo, where I would say it could be considered he underachieved was at international level, and that goes for Scholes and Lampard too, that midfield was world class, and should have performed far better (regardless of manager and players around them).

It depends upon how you look at a player's career. The club he represented didn't do too much, but even though he was a dipper I'd have fucking loved to have seen him in a City shirt.
Yeah,all banter aside,got to respect him as a player.
I remember back In the day watching on tv Liverpool away in europe mid week,a young Gerrard played right back.
Few days later at weekend I was at Maine rd where he turned out for the visitors at left back..I thought at the time,he's one to watch.

You can’t say was he a failure and then list 5 trophies he won.

The Premier League is the bread and butter of domestic football (or all football imo) but normally the best team wins it. Gerrard was never in the best team. At times he wasn’t even in the top four teams of yet still dragged them into that contention.

For me he’s been the best midfielder in the
He’s certainly going to be reminded of his slip during the last game of the season at the Etihad.
nor did fate favor him

No he was not.
Its not tennis, its a team game.
If Maradona was playing with Norwich, he wouldn't have won too much either.
Yes he was. It's about him not his team! His arse fell out when they got close, he was in a very very good side and didn't get over the line. If my aunty had balls.... Jesus wept

Should Steven Gerrard be considered a failure domestically?

Domestic Honours
I'm not arguing he wasn't a good player but when it mattered in the league he went missing or was at fault either partially or fully for his teams losses.

When you see what Phil Foden has already achieved domestically at City
I wonder if he regrets not leaving Liverpool for a better, more successful club?
You could argue he has already had more success as a manager domestically at Rangers than he ever did as a player.

I will always say Scholes or Lampard were 10x the player Gerrard was.

But there is no denying SG was a very good player.

A bit daft calling good players failures.

The Bavs indecent aside he was a great player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.