Canada targets UK Poles to fill labour shortage

matrix said:
There asking for uk based poles becouse they can speak english why don't they ask the english? lol.

Speaking from experience, maybe its because they cant understand a bloody word we say.

The amount of times ive had to repeat myself to be understood, ive developed a stutter

adrian99 said:
peoffrey said:
meeesh said:
Never mind the Poles,they can come knocking for me,I be over like a shot

Go then. Stop wishing your life away.

I've always worried about sucking Eastern Europe dry of its labour. I've no problem with highly skilled workers plugging the gaps in our own workforce but I'm forever being served in Starbucks or All Bar One by staff with Eastern European accents. These aren't jobs that we need to look overseas in order to staff. How about pushing the long term unemployed in to these positions with their benefits taken if they don't stay in them for X amount of time?

This is beyond stupid, think about it.

I'll think about it when you make a post of content, opinion and thought.

adrian99 said:
peoffrey said:
meeesh said:
Never mind the Poles,they can come knocking for me,I be over like a shot

I've always worried about sucking Eastern Europe dry of its labour. I've no problem with highly skilled workers plugging the gaps in our own workforce but I'm forever being served in Starbucks or All Bar One by staff with Eastern European accents. These aren't jobs that we need to look overseas in order to staff. How about pushing the long term unemployed in to these positions with their benefits taken if they don't stay in them for X amount of time?

Think about what?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
adrian99 said:
peoffrey said:

Think about what?

The long term unemployed can't take these jobs if they are currently being done by Eastern Europeans " I'm forever being served in Starbucks or All Bar One by staff with Eastern European accents". The suggestion is a little simplistic.

adrian99 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
adrian99 said:

Think about what?

The long term unemployed can't take these jobs if they are currently being done by Eastern Europeans " I'm forever being served in Starbucks or All Bar One by staff with Eastern European accents". The suggestion is a little simplistic.

You haven't thought this through, have you?

Barcon said:
adrian99 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Think about what?

Just what I was thinking.

Ancient Citizen said:
Barcon said:
adrian99 said:

Just what I was thinking.

Good stuff I wondered if I was going crazy

Time to sit back and wait for the backhanded accusations of racism!

There's over a million unemployed young people in this Country and I simply can't and don't believe that everyone single one is some Chav. Businesses employ migrant workers from Eastern Europe because they're cheap and easily found. It's no wonder they're hardworking when they're earning up to 5 times what they would in their own Country - yet there's been labour shortages over there because the able workers are leaving in droves.

I've been on the dole. I know what it's like. Your confidence drops and you become rapidly more and more unemployable. This can't be allowed to continue for such significant numbers of people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.