Capello to get the sack re: Terry Support?

Ricster said:
They should give it to Gary Neville. Been well impressed with his punditry on Sky, and he knows exactly what he is talking about, even if he is a wanker.

He gets the job for the Euro's on the understanding that he takes a squad for the future and from there England can build on the foundation that is laid for them.

What about a Neville-Beckham "Dream Team"....? They could do the Euros and Olympics.

It's obvious.

Or not.

sjk2008 said:
Tin hat firmly on here but I'd have Harry as manager tomorrow. Regardless of that though, the main thing is to get rid of Capello the clown. It pisses me off having manager after manager come in and either not showing or being unable to show passion from the touchline. Someone who can bark orders and commands respect from his players. We need someone English or someone who can speak clean English who has a name held high in the game, like as someone has previously mentioned, Guus Hiddink or someone of that mould.

We know we sure as hell aren't going to win the Euros, so why not take a young and hungry team (coupled with a few experienced heads in the squad) and let them play on the big stage to get some much needed experience. Then build from there throughout WC qualification when by the time that comes around, the likes of Richards, Smalling, Wilshere, Sturridge, the OX, Welbeck et al, will all be better players.

F**k JT, have Gerrard as captain as he is still class and with plenty of young players around him with bundles of energy, this could enable him to play his game to a very high level too and possibly bring someone like Lampard but only for the bench (I'm not overly arsed about Lampard though mind).

This would be an example of the team I would like (and yes I know Micah plays RB for City but I think he could be class at CB) and Walker may be brilliant years down the line. As for Smalling, I rate him much more than Jones personally and I feel he will be United's best defender in the coming years.

*********************HART**********************

**WALKER*****RICHARDS*****SMALLING*********COLE**

****************PARKER****WILSHERE**************

********************GERRARD (c)******************

*OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN********************STURRIDGE*

*********************ROONEY********************

Robinson
Dawson
Cahill
Baines
Gibbs
Jones
Lampard
Walcott
Young
Bent
Welbeck

Interesting. I would like to see some more of all you guys opinions on lineups. I like this, I think I might push Richards out to the right and have Cahill in the center though. Then maybe Young in there somewhere. Just because, as much as I hate to say it, he can play some good balls in, and cuts in and gets a shot off really well. On the other hand, Sturridge is going to be a goal machine. Anyone have any drastically different teamsheets?

Ja Salford Blue said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16905818

does anyone else think that the FA might use this as an excuse to get rid of him? I think they will.

He has basically said that Terry will still be his captain, so how much will that undermine the new captain?

To be honest I still find it astonishing that the FA would make the decision to strip Terry without consulting the manager, add to that Capello's outburst yesterday and I think both parties want to part company.

I hope he does go, (I havn't got a clue who they will get in)? but atleast then Micha might get a chance of going to the Euros!

I agree the FA appoint a manager to look after team affairs and it should be Capello's decision to appoint a new captain should he deem it necessary.

Terry has got up to a bit of mischief off the field in his time and conducting himself in a manner perhaps not befitting the " esteemed honour and title " on occasions but rightly or wrongly if the manager thinks he is the best man to wear the armband then so be it.

If the press have got it right he has been asked to explain to the FA his comments on French television of all networks (LOL).

If he asked to resign over this or is sacked because he refuses to resign then the FA continue to make a mockery of their decision making process when it comes to this appointment and diminish what little respect the public have for them.

If they were serious about the on field performances of the national team they should have got rid of him after the last World Cup and been done with it.

Didn't Capello state he did not think it is important who was captain during the Bridge 'scandal?'
Why would he take the opposing view now unless he is looking for a way out?

Here is his statement.

Asked if it was hard to take the armband off Terry, Capello replied: "No. Players and fans want the captain's armband to be worn by an exemplary player. They want the captain to be an example for young children. What happened with Terry wasn't good. I saw him at Wembley and we spoke about [the affair] and we spoke about football. It was fine. He understood [my decision]. I explained to him that he could not continue as captain but I also told him that he would continue to be a leader on the pitch and an important player because a coach needs a player like that."

Ja Salford Blue said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16905818

does anyone else think that the FA might use this as an excuse to get rid of him? I think they will.

He has basically said that Terry will still be his captain, so how much will that undermine the new captain?

To be honest I still find it astonishing that the FA would make the decision to strip Terry without consulting the manager, add to that Capello's outburst yesterday and I think both parties want to part company.

I hope he does go, (I havn't got a clue who they will get in)? but atleast then Micha might get a chance of going to the Euros!

I told you ha!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.