Capello to get the sack re: Terry Support?

I'd get rid of Capello asap... He doesn't seem to have much of a clue or really care about the job. How he survived after the last World Cup is beyond me! But it's big money and probably his last job so he won't resign... He doesn't care enough.

I'd also ditch Terry, Wobble Gob and Lampard and start to give the youngsters a proper chance.

If sloppy chops gets off (I think he will) then he should get it. There are no other realistic English/British options for the FA... They're not foresighted or brave enough to give someone like Rodgers the remit (and power) to overhaul everything and build properly for the future, which would be the right thing to do. It's also possibly a bit early for him (Rodgers) as this has only been his 1st season in the PL. If he can keep it up for another couple of seasons (with the Swans or beyond) then he'd certainly be an interesting choice.

So if not HR then I can see them going for someone with a "proven" record so that'd be Hiddink, who would certainly be better, and care more, than the current Tommy Cooper lookalike...

Harry won't be getting it, thats for sure, Hiddink's a good shout but I think if it was English, there aren't many good candidates but I'd give it back to Hoddle, from what I've heard from everybody who's played for him, he's well respected and in my opinion it was wrong to strip him of his duty due to his personal beliefs.

David Beckham would bring a circus of media with him and an even bigger raft of perfume/underkecks/self serving cash cows to boot.

The England job would be about him and his brand and he'll use it as a vehicle to sell any old shit to idiots who like crap dressed up in French faux photography.

Tony Pullis is nearer the mark at least he'd get a team actually working and sort out the image concious wankers.

Just a thought.

I would like to see Woy Hodgson given an opportunity to build a new squad with the kids. Write off the Euros - we aint going to win it, but embed these young players into the fold and give them experience of a tournament.
Hart
Micah
Smalling
Cahill
Jones
Gibbbs
Wilshire
Rooney
Sturridge
Rodwell
Oxlaide-Chamberlain
M Johnson

johnny crossan said:
what Fabio is angling for I think
I was thinking this, the whole thing looks like its going to be one huge trainwreck in the summer and if he can get the FA to fire him he is home clear for a high paying job in the summer.

One man for the job: Ian Holloway.

He might not improve the performances but he'd sure as hell liven up the interviews etc...

Tin hat firmly on here but I'd have Harry as manager tomorrow. Regardless of that though, the main thing is to get rid of Capello the clown. It pisses me off having manager after manager come in and either not showing or being unable to show passion from the touchline. Someone who can bark orders and commands respect from his players. We need someone English or someone who can speak clean English who has a name held high in the game, like as someone has previously mentioned, Guus Hiddink or someone of that mould.

We know we sure as hell aren't going to win the Euros, so why not take a young and hungry team (coupled with a few experienced heads in the squad) and let them play on the big stage to get some much needed experience. Then build from there throughout WC qualification when by the time that comes around, the likes of Richards, Smalling, Wilshere, Sturridge, the OX, Welbeck et al, will all be better players.

F**k JT, have Gerrard as captain as he is still class and with plenty of young players around him with bundles of energy, this could enable him to play his game to a very high level too and possibly bring someone like Lampard but only for the bench (I'm not overly arsed about Lampard though mind).

This would be an example of the team I would like (and yes I know Micah plays RB for City but I think he could be class at CB) and Walker may be brilliant years down the line. As for Smalling, I rate him much more than Jones personally and I feel he will be United's best defender in the coming years.

*********************HART**********************

**WALKER*****RICHARDS*****SMALLING*********COLE**

****************PARKER****WILSHERE**************

********************GERRARD (c)******************

*OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN********************STURRIDGE*

*********************ROONEY********************

Robinson
Dawson
Cahill
Baines
Gibbs
Jones
Lampard
Walcott
Young
Bent
Welbeck

They should give it to Gary Neville. Been well impressed with his punditry on Sky, and he knows exactly what he is talking about, even if he is a wanker.

He gets the job for the Euro's on the understanding that he takes a squad for the future and from there England can build on the foundation that is laid for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.