Car purchase advice

New Jag XE with the new Ingenium engine - DON'T buy or lease German

You can't beat a auto would never go back to all that gear changing shit,

Yep. Contractcars.com based in Alty.

Had a couple of Mercs from them before and straight off the docks from Hull plus delivery miles.

Never driven an auto before, but Merc auto has changed my life!!

Haha, true mate, manual boxes are just so yesterday, got flappy paddles on my beemer just for a bit of involvment, great for gearing down or for a responsive overtake.

Sounds like you got a decent deal there, I'm forking out £330 for a 520d M sport touring, business lease mind so nowt upfront just a 3+35 deal 10k miles per annum.

Leasing is the way forward whether it be private or business- fuck that depreciation lark !

I had the same debate 6 months ago and after test driving the A3 and Golf I plumped for a Seat Leon 1.6TDI on a PCP deal. £2k up front and £195 per month on 16k miles a year. I love it and it drives just as well if not better than the Audi I test drove. It's a VW underneath anyway but you pay less as it hasn't got the VW badge. Averages about 60mpg on a motorway run and 55mpg around town. Interior is almost identical to an Audi/VW and it has all the bells and whistles I need such as DAB radio, bluetooth for my phone, cruise control, auto stop/start, hill start assist and so on.

STM2012FIRSTDRIVE_318385k.jpg

I've just got the Mazda 6 Skyactive after BMWs. Nice loo car with a huge specification including 19 in wheels. Cheap insurance and £20 road fund licence.

Base model would get you this for 20k.

I'd go for the 3 Sport instead. Roomy, good looks, nice engine and loads of kit.

Just got myself a new Audi A6 S-line Diesel Ultra, which is costing me £375/month on a four-year PCP deal. It has very low vehicle tax, and comes with a nice, plush interior. Admittedly, I'm on a deal for 10,000 a year, so it would cost you more on your mileage, but I'm loving it so far. Basically, your monthly payments pay for the depreciation of the car to the end of the contract, and at the end you have an option for a balloon payment of about £15,000 to buy the car outright, or you trade it in at the "guaranteed Minimum value"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.