Car vandalised

I have always walked to the stadium but in this instance I will be attending the FA cup match in a car driven by my son in law, how early should he get there to park? Is it pay on the day?

My uncle used to have a Robin Reliant when I was a nipper which we used to go to the match in but the rules may have changed since then :)
The official car park is card only, just changed on NYD, pay on the day but only £8 if 2+ people in the vehicle (£10 otherwise), not sure if you can pay in advance. There are various unofficial car parks which will take cash (£5 upwards) or you can risk a side street for nothing. Be careful not to park in a resident permit zone though. When I've used the official car park I usually aim to get there about 1 hr before kick off so can't say if there'll be space any later on, but the later you get there the longer it takes to get off after the end of the game. It's taken me as long as 90 minutes to start moving after some games because I was at the far end of the car park. I assume if you get there really early you'll be nearer the exits so away quicker. You should be okay to find space in an unofficial car park 45 minutes before kick off (probably less) and it is usually quicker away after the game but you'll need to walk a bit further. Even doing this I can get home in about 75mins so much better than the official car park.

The official car park is card only, just changed on NYD, pay on the day but only £8 if 2+ people in the vehicle (£10 otherwise), not sure if you can pay in advance. There are various unofficial car parks which will take cash (£5 upwards) or you can risk a side street for nothing. Be careful not to park in a resident permit zone though. When I've used the official car park I usually aim to get there about 1 hr before kick off so can't say if there'll be space any later on, but the later you get there the longer it takes to get off after the end of the game. It's taken me as long as 90 minutes to start moving after some games because I was at the far end of the car park. I assume if you get there really early you'll be nearer the exits so away quicker. You should be okay to find space in an unofficial car park 45 minutes before kick off (probably less) and it is usually quicker away after the game but you'll need to walk a bit further. Even doing this I can get home in about 75mins so much better than the official car park.

Thanks bud.

At least 3 cars with windows smashed on Ten Acres Lane, Newton Heath, as I passed on way home.

Rough as fuck round there. No excuse though, needless vandalism. Either bored chavs fed up of traffic near their council houses, or armchair United dickheads with a cheap shot.

Parked at sunny Lowry road car park
Off Alan Turing lane beswick today , at least 20 vehicles all with Windows smashed £10 a vehicle secure parking really ?????

Parked at sunny Lowry road car park
Off Alan Turing lane beswick today , at least 20 vehicles all with Windows smashed £10 a vehicle secure parking really ?????
Any of the so called “stewards” still there after ?anything said ?

Rough as fuck round there. No excuse though, needless vandalism. Either bored chavs fed up of traffic near their council houses, or armchair United dickheads with a cheap shot.
I like traveling via Google street view as I'm fascinated by the different areas of the UK. I've checked out Newton Heath, and though limited in this format, it kinda looks nicely kept and clean from what I see. I guess I might need an "after dark" view.
What would really be some bad places to view or be warned about when I make my way over?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.