Carabao Cup Final pre-match thread

Carabao Cup Final prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that. Laporte ahead of Kompany is the only one I'm not sure.
I know we all love Kompany but to be honest he was really poor in the second half against Burnley and shaky against Basel. Plus there's a huge chance he'll come off injured if he starts which is a risk. Laporte is comfortable defensively from what we've seen but much better on the ball.

Your the one talking shit,if you can’t see what’s going on you havnt a clue
You have dug a hole for yourself saying if Bravo plays we lose. Quite simply I asked you to state why and all you have is your hatred for the guy. Don't have any issue with you not liking him, but to make shit up to try and strengthen your argument simply weakens it.

I know we all love Kompany but to be honest he was really poor in the second half against Burnley and shaky against Basel. Plus there's a huge chance he'll come off injured if he starts which is a risk. Laporte is comfortable defensively from what we've seen but much better on the ball.

Maybe but Kompany is a leader, has an incredible will to win and I think we really miss this when Silva or Fernandinho are captains, great players though they are, they hardly rally the troops when we need a reaction. Has to be Vinnie starting for me

I'd love to see Ederson in nets on Sunday but we all know it's not going to happen.
Having said that, Bravo deserves to be in nets Sunday seen as he has played a big part in getting us to the Cup Final.

Who knows he might turn out to be the hero yet again on Sunday. Let's get behind him.

.......................Bravo.........................
.....WALKER.....OTAMENDI......LAPORTE...ZINCHENKO

........................FERNANDINHO...................

................KDB..................SILVA.............

...STERLING...........SERGIO...................SANE

This will be the team ;)

Danilo > Zinchenko

Very simple for Pep does he stick loyally to the players who got us to the final and involve Bravo, Danilo , Zinchenko, Gindagon , Bernardo , Foden , Diaz etc in the playing squad or does he go full strength to win the game , personally i want to win the game after the Wigan debacle and get things back on track . If we go with our best team the Goons have not got a prayer , but if we go with misplaced loyalty we are only a dodgy refereess decision away from losing the League Cup Final , just hope Pep calls it right.

You have dug a hole for yourself saying if Bravo plays we lose. Quite simply I asked you to state why and all you have is your hatred for the guy. Don't have any issue with you not liking him, but to make shit up to try and strengthen your argument simply weakens it.
His statement is clearly incorrect, he should have said "probably". I don't think he's as cock-up prone as last season - just don't think the defence is confident with him and his decision making yet - and it shows. That said - same could be said of Stones at the moment.

Stop blaming Bravo for not pulling off what would've had to have been a wonder save. If you have to blame someone, look at Aguero for barely moving all game and wasting the two easy chances he got. Blame Sané for not being at all bothered in the first half. Blame Delph for getting sent off or blame Walker for giving them the goal. It looks like at best this will be a two-trophy season now, which we should all be thrilled with in my opinion, and without Bravo we'd probably have crashed out of this cup to Wolves in humiliating fashion last year.

--------------------Bravo---------------------
Walker--Otamendi--Laporte--Zinchenko
----------------Fernandinho
-----------De Bruyne----Silva
Sterling--------------------------------Sané
--------------------Aguero

Ederson, Danilo, Kompany, Gundogan, Foden, Bernardo, Jesus

The midfield three will stand up and perform- that's not even a question anymore. So the responsibility lies with Sané, Sterling and Aguero. If they play well we'll win. If they play like they did last night, or against Burnley, Palace, Everton or Liverpool, we have no chance.[/QUOTI
Everton? Agree that Bravo should start but it does weaken us (unless we get to a shoot out) also I think our defence has looked uneasy for a long time now. The opposition don't get to play with the ball often so can't really expose us. It will be tight on Sunday and I hope we edge it but am fearing the worst.

Otamendi and Laporte for me. Stones has looked too much of a liability since he came back. He needs to get back to where he was earlier in the season. Laporte's looked solid enough and I think that we'd benefit from having someone with his passing ability at the back if we're playing Bravo ahead of Ederson. Obvs Bravo is a sweeper keeper but his passing range isn't up there with Ederson's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.