Carabao Cup Final pre-match thread

Carabao Cup Final prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge mistake in that Eddie is better - most would agree
Huge mistake as it will make the defenders ahead of him nervous - really, what proof of you of this and how did we make the final with such nervous defenders?
Huge mistake as we will lose now that Bravo is playing - no one knows that

As for the one shot one goal, well you need to look at this season not last
I am in total agreement that Eddie is the better keeper, but Bravo is a lot better than what many are willing to give him credit for this season

The game vs wigan the other night and every other game that he plays......its blindingly obvious that the defenders play worse when he is a part of the defensive system...his work with his feet is nowhere near as assured and the defenders react to that. His passing out and his control of a ball is far worse...his speed off his line and out of the box/anticiaption is nowhere near as god...all of his puts doubt in the defenders mind and in any defenders mind.

I never said we would lose...i said it was a mistake to play him....though it makes the likelihood of a negative result more likely.....

I will even go as far as predict that the issues will be break aways and aubamayang on the break.....Ederson gives you the pace and anticipation off the line as well as the shot stopping ability to help reduce the scoring probability......Bravo is weaker in all areas.

Or trusting the man we employ to pick who he thinks is best for that particular game
In the end, that’s all we have. However, unless you think Bravo is better than Ederson, picking Bravo would OBVIOUSLY be playing a weakened team, and in a key position....unless you think Arsenal aren’t going to have any shots on goal, any crosses into the box from open play and free kicks and corners, or put high pressure on us in our end of the field.

I’m saying this game AND this first trophy is very, very important to both the club AND Pep, and that not playing our best team is a mistake...for reasons I have already stated. That’s all.

The game vs wigan the other night and every other game that he plays......its blindingly obvious that the defenders play worse when he is a part of the defensive system...his work with his feet is nowhere near as assured and the defenders react to that. His passing out and his control of a ball is far worse...his speed off his line and out of the box/anticiaption is nowhere near as god...all of his puts doubt in the defenders mind and in any defenders mind.

I never said we would lose...i said it was a mistake to play him....though it makes the likelihood of a negative result more likely.....

I will even go as far as predict that the issues will be break aways and aubamayang on the break.....Ederson gives you the pace and anticipation off the line as well as the shot stopping ability to help reduce the scoring probability......Bravo is weaker in all areas.

You are simply speculating to say he makes the defenders nervous. Are you saying that when the defence plays poorly, it's always Bravo's fault???

As I have just responded to Peggy, do you really think Pep would play someone with such a negative effect on the defence - truthfully?

In the end, that’s all we have. However, unless you think Bravo is better than Ederson, picking Bravo would OBVIOUSLY be playing a weakened team, and in a key position....unless you think Arsenal aren’t going to have any shots on goal, any crosses into the box from open play and free kicks and corners, or put high pressure on us in our end of the field.

I’m saying this game AND this first trophy is very, very important to both the club AND Pep, and that not playing our best team is a mistake...for reasons I have already stated. That’s all.

fully agree

Disagreeing with playing bravo is not about trusting Pep or not...its about not trusting bravo

You are simply speculating to say he makes the defenders nervous. Are you saying that when the defence plays poorly, it's always Bravo's fault???

As I have just responded to Peggy, do you really think Pep would play someone with such a negative effect on the defence - truthfully?

Im not speculating....im using what i see with my own eyes and its blatantly obvious....the changes this season in our defensive play have happened because of Ederson....

His distribution, handling, and shoot stopping are all less superior than edersons....he is therefore a weaker player and therefore we have a weakened defensive unit.....not to mention that it affects the way we attack.....

and as i said, its not about not trusting Pep......its Bravo i don't trust. Pep is sticking with a player who he needs to show commitment towards cause thats the sort of person Pep is...but it could backfire on him......even if it does he will still stick by him

So he can save pens,we should never of had to get that far,eddie starts attacks and chances..

Agree.

I would be playing Ederson everyday of the week.

The concern for me is the build-up as I just think Bravo’s distribution is hugely overrated.

Im not speculating....im using what i see with my own eyes and its blatantly obvious....the changes this season in our defensive play have happened because of Ederson....

His distribution, handling, and shoot stopping are all less superior than edersons....he is therefore a weaker player and therefore we have a weakened defensive unit.....not to mention that it affects the way we attack.....

We are mostly in agreement about Eddie V Bravo, but to suggest the defenders frailties are as a result of Bravo playing I believe is wrong. The defenders have had woeful performances in the league this season - some punished, some not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.