Career Comparisons: Edin, Kun, Mario, Carlos, RVP, Cavani

sbm

I have based the following on Career statistics taken from http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk

I offer the calculations in good faith; it is a bit late at night for me to do these sorts of tedious calculations! But I found the results very interesting.

The three indices are:

(a) minutes / goals
(b) minutes / (goals - penalties - tap-ins)
(c) minutes / assists

The results are:

Edin (a) 151 (b) 156 (c) 363
Kun (a) 156 (b) 165 (c) 378
Mario (a) 168 (b) 214 (c) 1056
Carlos (a) 186 (b) 226 (c) 376

van Persie (a) 241 (b) 277 (c) 490
Cavani (a) 167 (b) 207 (c) 537
Rooney (a) 174 (b) 192 (c) 395
Torres (a) 177 (b) 190 (c) 587

Even though I am a huge fan of both Edin and Kun, I didn't expect them to be so much better than van Persie, Rooney, Torres and Cavani in all 3 performance indicators!

-tap ins for B? Seems a little unfair as a tap-in could still involve great movement or a good involvement in the build-up play so they can still be as good a goal as any other.

Where abouts is the info from on the site?

What about Falcao, Benzema and Higuain?

ForzaMancini said:
-tap ins for B? Seems a little unfair as a tap-in could still involve great movement or a good involvement in the build-up play so they can still be as good a goal as any other.
I'd agree with this comment - tap-ins are still goals. You could argue so are penalties but if you looking solely at goal contributions from open play (including free kicks but not penalties) then excluding penalties gives a more accurate picture.

bluemoondays said:
ForzaMancini said:
I'd agree with this comment - tap-ins are still goals. You could argue so are penalties but if you looking solely at goal contributions from open play (including free kicks but not penalties) then excluding penalties gives a more accurate picture.

True but either way our strikers, particularly Dzeko and Aguero, have got great scoring records.

danburge82 said:
Where abouts is the info from on the site?
Having located the player, click on Performance Data on the left. The default is then "total performance data" as in the following:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/edin-dzeko/leistungsdaten/spieler_28396.html

The last row in the first table gives total minutes, total goals, total assists. The second table gives total goals and total tap-ins. You then use a calculator to get the statistics I presented.

Falcao, Benzema and Higuain are good calls.

Falcao (a) 132 (b) 160 (c) 662
Benzema (a) 141 (b) 146 (c) 277
Higuain (a) 132 (b) 138 (c) 323
Ibra (a) 160 (b) 188 (c) 368
Adebayor (a) 189 (b) 206 (c) 669

where
(a) minutes / goals
(b) minutes / (goals - penalties - tap-ins)
(c) minutes / assist

I agree entirely that a tap-in "could still involve great movement or a good involvement in the build-up play so they can still be as good a goal as any other". The reason I took out tap-ins is that some commentators describe some strikers as nothing more than goal poachers. In fact, I read a couple of days ago that Dzeko (allegedly) is just such a player, whereas, in stark contrast, van Persie (allegedly) scores game-changing goals.

seemedownkippaxstreet said:
..... either way our strikers, particularly Dzeko and Aguero, have got great scoring records.
I am relieved that someone sees the real point of my original post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.