Carillion going bust

Companies fall from the top down. As an HR man, I’ve looked at managers in disciplinary meetings and wondered what on earth they actually do.

I heard that the ones on pensions may have to take a 20% cut in their pensions fucking great whatvtge fuck do those old people do now, I’d be straight round the execs and nick his car
Yep, instant 10% reduction in accrued benefits under the PPF if they haven't already started taking benefits.

Also a cap on benefits will come, will work out at about 15% average loss on benefits for the average member (not already in receipt of income).

I've got a lot of gutted clients that didn't transfer their benefits out into SIPPs back in June when the profits warning was announced (and a few clients thanking their lucky stars that did).

Certainly shows that some so-called gold plated or guaranteed final salary schemes are rather perilous. If you are a member of the Barclays, BA, BT or BHS or any of the other ones that are in huge deficit then you should really be seeking professional advice about your options.

Could be worth its own thread to be honest.

Last edited:
Yep, instant 10% reduction in accrued benefits under the PPF if they haven't already started taking benefits.

Also a cap on benefits will come, will work out at about 15% average loss on benefits for the average member (not already in receipt of income).

I've got a lot of gutted clients that didn't transfer their benefits out into SIPPs back in June when the profits warning was announced (and a few clients thanking their lucky stars that did).

Certainly shows that some so-called gold plated or guaranteed final salary schemes are rather perilous. If you are a member of the Barclays, BA, BT or BHS or any of the other ones that are in huge deficit then you should really be seeking professional advice about your options.

it could......but until legislation changes and prohibits shareholder dividends being paid unless the pension fund is at the right figure and there is no fund deficit theres not much point.

it could......but until legislation changes and prohibits shareholder dividends being paid unless the pension fund is at the right figure and there is no fund deficit theres not much point.
Wholly agree mate but the other option is transferring out of the defined benefits scheme and putting it into your own pension pot so no other fucker can screw the pooch.

Plus is you die with a DB scheme your spouse gets 50%, if she goes your kids get naff all. If you move it into your own private pension then you can leave everything free of any tax to your beneficiaries.

Quick question....

If Carillion were providing 30,000 school meals a day why was the Tory government cutting those meals to the bone? they were into an agreed contract why would they bother to change it?

that would be interesting.

Is there a good and unbiased breakdown/timeline/in depth article of the Carillon situation?

I'm having trouble getting a decent handle on it. Have the FT done a good piece on it yet?

Didn't they have several profit warnings in a row?

I've got some friends in the Facilities Management sector and they've been nervous about them for a little while now.

Is there a good and unbiased breakdown/timeline/in depth article of the Carillon situation?

I'm having trouble getting a decent handle on it. Have the FT done a good piece on it yet?
FT have done about a dozen that are very good.

Didn't they have several profit warnings in a row?

I've got some friends in the Facilities Management sector and they've been nervous about them for a little while now.
Yeah but the market shat itself last summer.

http%3A%2F%2Fmarkets.ft.com%2FResearch%2FAPI%2FChartBuilder%3Ft%3Dequities%26f%3DPNG%26p%3DeyJzeW1ib2wiOiI3NjkxMSIsIm51bVN5bWJvbHMiOjAsInRvQ3VycmVuY3kiOm51bGwsInJlZ2lvbiI6bnVsbCwiaGVpZ2h0IjozMzgsIndpZHRoIjo2MDAsImxpbmVTdHlsZSI6ImxpbmUiLCJkdXJhdGlvbiI6IjM2NSIsInByaW1hcnlMYWJlbCI6IkNhcmlsbGlvbiIsInNlY29uZGFyeUxhYmVsIjoiU2hhcmUgcHJpY2UgKEdCcCkiLCJ0ZXJ0aWFyeUxhYmVsIjpudWxsLCJxdWF0ZXJuYXJ5TGFiZWwiOm51bGwsImlzTW9iaWxlIjpmYWxzZSwiU2hvd0Rpc2NsYWltZXIiOnRydWUsIkludmVydEF4aXMiOmZhbHNlLCJ1bml0IjoicHgiLCJzdGFydERhdGUiOm51bGwsImVuZERhdGUiOm51bGx9

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.