Carlos Tevez

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few Tweets doing the round that both Barry and Tevez are going to be offered new deals/extensions this summer.

Considering the poor end to the season that most players have had I would do pretty much anything to nail Tevez down for a couple more seasons. With his age the chances of us ever getting our original outlay back are pretty much non existant so it doesn't really matter if he ends up going for nowt in a few years time.

Despite Carlos having been accepted by the majority of fans I still havent forgiven him for Munich. What he did was selfish and hurt our image globally. His salary does not justify his contributions. If we could unload tevez for a fee and be done with his salary it would be worth it IMHO.

NJ_BLUE said:
Despite Carlos having been accepted by the majority of fans I still havent forgiven him for Munich. What he did was selfish and hurt our image globally. His salary does not justify his contributions. If we could unload tevez for a fee and be done with his salary it would be worth it IMHO.
The club inquiry clearly showed that Tevez was asked to warm up again by Mancini (when he should have been sent on) and pointed out that he'd already warmed up and was ready to go on. Mancini then completely lost the plot and told him he'd never play for us again. The club then had to sort out the mess Mancini had made before Tevez could come back. I'm not saying Tevez was entirely blameless, as he disappeared off to Argentina and was fined for it. But if Mancini had said to Tevez "Get stripped as you're going on" none of that would have happened.

Prestwich_Blue said:
NJ_BLUE said:
The club inquiry clearly showed that Tevez was asked to warm up again by Mancini (when he should have been sent on) and pointed out that he'd already warmed up and was ready to go on. Mancini then completely lost the plot and told him he'd never play for us again. The club then had to sort out the mess Mancini had made before Tevez could come back. I'm not saying Tevez was entirely blameless, as he disappeared off to Argentina and was fined for it. But if Mancini had said to Tevez "Get stripped as you're going on" none of that would have happened.

and if Carlos had done what his boss told him then none of it would have happened either

Prestwich_Blue said:
NJ_BLUE said:

True. And not one single player or staff member backed Mancini's claims up, though a few players expressed their sympathies for Carlos.

That is the most misunderstood incident of Tevez's City career. The internal inquiry, as pointed out, found nothing to support Mancini's claim. But the media was so full of righteous fury at a foreign high-paid player that no one remembers the inquiry.

If he stayed for another year, I'll be delighted. He gave 100% yesterday in a friendly.

Blue Haze said:
That is the most misunderstood incident of Tevez's City career. The internal inquiry, as pointed out, found nothing to support Mancini's claim. But the media was so full of righteous fury at a foreign high-paid player that no one remembers the inquiry.

If he stayed for another year, I'll be delighted. He gave 100% yesterday in a friendly.

He has always given 100%. A truly remarkable athlete. And I think he recently has showed that he can still be a fantastic player if positioned behind the striker(s). I really hope he signs for a one year extension.

Blue Haze said:

Out of interest when were the full contents of the internal inquiry ever published? I am not making any inference as to what the report might have said, but I have been involved in such inquiries and the output would have been dozens of pages and I do not remember it being published? In fact I know that it would not have been published, so we really cannot say what was in it in detail

greedy, wanted to score at all costs instead of passing the ball, not a team player, last night he was so pissed he couldnt score, bet he wanted to prove sabella wrong, again he hasnt been called up to the argentina squad!!

dzeko01 said:
greedy, wanted to score at all costs instead of passing the ball, not a team player, last night he was so pissed he couldnt score, bet he wanted to prove sabella wrong, again he hasnt been called up to the argentina squad!!

you must have missed the pass to Edin then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.