Carrying Knives or Weapons?

Why Always Ste said:
If you're considering carrying a knife...Maybe these "dickheads" were carrying too, just didn't feel the need to use them.

You pull out your weapon and a few seconds later they're pulling theirs out.

Best form of self defense.... Running away

It's a toughie really, in my day a fat lip or shiner was the worst you would expect, relying on some of the fuckers around nowadays to just give you a beating and no more is a gamble

hilts said:
Why Always Ste said:
If you're considering carrying a knife...Maybe these "dickheads" were carrying too, just didn't feel the need to use them.

You pull out your weapon and a few seconds later they're pulling theirs out.

Best form of self defense.... Running away

It's a toughie really, in my day a fat lip or shiner was the worst you would expect, relying on some of the fuckers around nowadays to just give you a beating and no more is a gamble
Yep, too often thugs nowadays won't stop when they beat you down ... very frightening sign of the times.

Don't carry O.P. You might end up doing something you regret for the rest of your life mate

Whats the point of carrying a knife, i'm sure they had U boxed off before U could even get it out, and if U did manage to pull it they'd probably take it off U and cut ur arse. Best bet is stand up, bullies don't like it.

You'll just get put in the slammer if you use it. If you get caught carrying it then expect a criminal record as well and a few hundred pounds fine. Happened to a friend of mine quite a while back.

If you have legs, just run!!!

Sorry to hear that you can't even nip out for a couple of tins without getting a shoeing. However, if you start to carry any form of weapon then you risk the chance of escalating the response from the thugs who did this and the next time they feel like giving out a kicking to an innocent it probably won't stop at just the beating and may end up with somebody less prepared and as handy as you with a blade sticking out of them. I'm sure you wouldn't want that. Or you take on these idiots and sort one out and it’ll be you that stands in the dock.

A couple of lads where I live decided to sort out some knobs that were giving the old folk a hard time. They dished out a good hiding and ended up doing community hours for their trouble. Fucked up I know but we live in fucked up times.

Like most have said just run away, mate and live to tell the tale.

Sorry to hear about your incident mate :(. Hope you make a quick recovery and gutted it spoilt your night. There's some right dickheads about!

About carrying a weapon, it's rely not worth it. If you get caught in loses soon then that's your life ruined. If your in your own house protecting yourself then that's fair game but on the street it's different.

Why not use a walking stick when venturing outside? An old bloke near us, (Taekwondo master, although you'd never believe it looking at him), swears by them. They are not considered offensive weapons and could justifiably be used against attackers, he says to practice with it, using it, in the main , like a bayonet.
I've taken his advice and now use one similar to the one used by Alex in A Clockwork Orange ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.