CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Either way it doesn't matter, the majority verdict - if that's what it was - stands. CAS procedural rules make a point that they never report a minority opinion so we'll never know why someone may have dissented on certain points so I can see no purpose in speculating about it.
Oh I agree, I was merely giving a counter argument to those who may respond to criticism that we should not have been exonerated re the main charge.
A win is a win no matter how close it was to a draw.

Some Irish programme called "Off the Ball" from two weeks ago, has just popped into my YouTube thingy this morning, and contains Miguel Delaney.

What a detestable little Cee you next Tuesday he is. I'd seen his works in print before, but not on camera. Stuttering, and his explanations have more twists and turns than a snake tying itself in knots.

Perhaps the disagreement was not about exoneration but about the need to fine us?
Perhaps our reasons to withold cooperation were greater than the breaking of said rule in the eyes of one of the judges?

There's always a clamour for documents in Plain English and here, a Swiss body, has issued a document, it's rules, that does exactly that and people question what it means. It quite clearly says a majority of the arbitrators below the chair need to agree or it goes to the Chair to decide.

I agree it is highly unlikely that the vast majority of points were decided on a 2-1 split. The obvious, and from a legal point of view, the one point City quite clearly, for very good reasons, fell foul of was non-cooperation. The arbitrators, regardless of who nominates them, are independent and in clear cut cases like that, are very likely to agree. Using that as a basis, any other decision, that the majority agreed never needed the Chair to decide.

Great work by CAS to produce a document in Plain English which confuses people because they're a rarity!

Some Irish programme called "Off the Ball" from two weeks ago, has just popped into my YouTube thingy this morning, and contains Miguel Delaney.

What a detestable little Cee you next Tuesday he is. I'd seen his works in print before, but not on camera. Stuttering, and his explanations have more twists and turns than a snake tying itself in knots.
It's a popular daily sports programme who are no strangers to hachet jobs when it comes to anything Man City

Well we and the media all knew so you'd have thought they might have noticed ;) (don't forget, this is CAS we're talking about, not UEFA who apparently didn't know about the Open Skies investigation).

Since they are arbitrators only, fairness doesn't come into it.

Sorry, I meant fair as impartial mate, if you have no idea which side has picked you, there's no pressure /obligation/expectation to look at things from a particular point of view, I know expect that, but the reality can be quite different, imo/ime anyway.

Have CAS ruled they are not related party I think it might be implied from the ruling but I do not think its implicit
Page 45
Para 128
Is should be presumed the the sponsorships were negotiated at arms length with unrelated parties at fair value.
Not exactly a ruling, but as UEFA never pressed the issue, it was wrong for them to proceed on the opposite assumption.

Why are you presuming that the arbitrator we nominated voted in our favour and vice versa?

Again, they're arbitrators, not representatives. We had a dozen or so (very expensive) lawyers for that.

https://www.rocketlawyer.com/gb/en/quick-guides/arbitration

Ok thanks I was mistaken in that assumption (or at least not based on any evidence). I’m still a bit confused how the CAS Panel majority seem to speak in such strong terms, as it implies there could be little room for dissent, yet evidently one highly qualified lawyer did disagree. How? It seems clear UEFA had an alarming scarcity of evidence on which to base their claims

Our pick is a lawyer, UEFAs is a law professor.
That might explain the difference in thinking and rationale?
I’m neither, so don’t take my word for it!

What seems to have been overlooked in all the anti City oil money coverage is that Khaldoon Al Mubaraks a billionaire in his own right,Harvard educated businessman hand picked to run City by Sheikh Mansour and he has done a fantastic job of waking a sleeping giant by controlled sponsorships and being a statesman on a higher level than we are used to in this country has projected us onto a higher plane both commercially and financially by having good connections and networking to raise our profile and setting up a CFG within 10 years,the racist media in little England are too disgusted to acknowledge the job he has done, and It doesn’t suit their readership to praise him or Sheikh Mansour.Having unlimited money is largely irrelevant,what’s more important is spending it wisely and that is probably far harder to do than we all think.

Absolutely. They consistently deliberately overlook the wise spending and never give credit to Khaldoon's vision, intelligence and skill.
As you succinctly put "the racist media in little England" that's another key strand in the negative coverage along with the naked self interest and fear of the threat that City pose to the cosy cartel. They cannot bear a dark skinned man or indeed people being successful and will not acknowledge it in this sadly increasingly narrow minded and backward thinking country.

Ok thanks I was mistaken in that assumption (or at least not based on any evidence). I’m still a bit confused how the CAS Panel majority seem to speak in such strong terms, as it implies there could be little room for dissent, yet evidently one highly qualified lawyer did disagree. How? It seems clear UEFA had an alarming scarcity of evidence on which to base their claims
As I've said, I'm not convinced it is evident yet. It's certainly being used by some 'journalists' as a stick to beat us with. In fact I think I'll try and find contacts for any of the people involved and send an email to their offices. They may just bin it but then again I might get a reply from someone who knows something of the process.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.