Cavani Speculation/News (page 301 onwards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

If we don't get Cavani, I hope we keep Dzeko and play with Kun, Edin as our two top strikers, bring in David Villa and promote Guidetti.

Villa is still one of the best finisher's in the game.

NoahCity said:
Blue Haze said:
LoveCity said:
fbloke's reliability is low isn't it?

Anyway, tomorrow's Mail says we've withdrawn from the race because of his price tag and are willing to let Chelsea have him. :/

Hazard all over again. Fuck.

Alternatives?
Jackson Martinez

We might have to. Must admit he looks fantastic. And probably half the price

Matt the Giant said:
If we don't get Cavani, I hope we keep Dzeko and play with Kun, Edin as our two top strikers, bring in David Villa and promote Guidetti.

Villa is still one of the best finisher's in the game.
Villa is past it move on!

Blue Haze said:
NoahCity said:
Blue Haze said:
Hazard all over again. Fuck.

Alternatives?
Jackson Martinez

We might have to. Must admit he looks fantastic. And probably half the price
yeh, I'd be gutted to miss out on Cavani as he is a fantastic goalscorer and exactly what we need. Jackson Martinez is good too but there isn't as much a guarentee as there is with Cavani. I'd still be pretty happy though if we went into next season with maybe Martinez, Aguero, Dzeko and Guidetti. Pretty sure he scored 34 goals for Porto this previous season, not bad, eh?

ANY top striker Chelsea have signed recently has flopped there .. badly.

Before you start Drogba was an up and coming star before Mourinho signed him, anyone else, schevchenko, torres, crespo, ba, sturridge, anelka, lukaku etc probably more I can't think of .. none of them really set the premier league alight when or have been playing for Chelsea .. Cavani could head the same way. They may have a striker jinx

sometimes you have a hunch on players, and I may be wrong but for some reason I can see cavani flopping. wouldnt be gutted if we missed out on him

Didn't Tancredi Palmeri tweet earlier today we'd offered cash for Cavani?

Or was that the sun and lager going to my head?

SosaFC said:
ANY top striker Chelsea have signed recently has flopped there .. badly.

Before you start Drogba was an up and coming star before Mourinho signed him, anyone else, schevchenko, torres, crespo, ba, sturridge, anelka, lukaku etc probably more I can't think of .. none of them really set the premier league alight when or have been playing for Chelsea .. Cavani could head the same way. They may have a striker jinx
Not sure why Lukaku is in that list, he certainly made an impression on everyone and hasn't played for Chelsea really (I think)

I think this season we are going 4-3-3 with just 1 up front anyway. So I don't see the value in having 2 top strikers, as 1 will always be on the bench in the top league + European games playing 2nd fiddle.

Aguero is our no1 even if Cavani came for me.

So I see more realistic options as someone good enough but who wont kick up a fuss as back up. (Villa for me would be fine despite age)

And then someone up and coming. (I was disappointed we didn't go for Niang last year, someone like that).

If it's true we pulled out cos of the price you have to look at us spunking stupid money on Fernandinho. Yes we need to strengthen in that department but if last season showed us anything is that we are still creating tons of chances but not putting them away. A world class striker should have been number 1 on the list. We really are shit at this transfer business aren't we.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.