Celtic and Rangers - EPL

Surely this can be settled easily.

They can enter the English Premier League so long as they make a statement along the lines of "Rangers and Celtic are now English clubs"

They are Scottish and as such should play in their own country. They do not like the English by their own admission and we do not want them in our prem League. Stay in Jockland and play your football there.

I have an idea.

1. They have fuck all right to join ANY english league whatsoever yeh?
2. The rest of the scottish teams seem to dislike them, who they have trounced for decades.
3. Plus the only seemingly important fixtures that decide the title are played between themselves.

Just have a glasgow league where they play one another every week forever? Let the idiots fight and sing till the cows come home. Simples.

masterwig said:
The Old Firm can fuck off.

English football doesn't need them or their hooligan sectarian fans. Rangers trashed Manchester last time they were here and Celtic went around singing IRA songs in a city that the IRA had bombed. They're scum and can fuck off.

In footballing terms the whole proposal is ridiculous.

Yep, i lived up there for over 10 years & the religious shite is pathetic.

blue jim said:
I think you're all very underestimating of Celtic and Rangers. They have a huge amount of fans outside of England, theyre going to lose a fair few in other countries who support the Rags or Scouse (or us! they exist) and Chelsea, but seriously, an estimated 9 million fanbase is nothing to underestimate fan wise, they'd be a very attractive club for rich buyers - it happened to us after all!

They have the club culture "winning mentality" that we dont have right now, if they were bought over quickly when entering the league they'd be a force in their own right.

And don't forget they pretty much have the first pick of Irish and Scottish youngsters, and look who our best player has been this season! He had trials at Celtic before he had them with us, if they were in the PL who knows how many they'll attract before they even think about teams like us.

I don't think so. They only play a handful of competitive games, they wouldn't be able to handle a full Premier league season where every game is a competitive one. And the fans don't actually play mate so what does it matter how many pisspots turn up to watch em?

coleridge said:
I was in the city centre all day for that fiasco last May. It was terrible and I was glad to escape home. I then drove to court in Carlisle the following morning [they weren't up] and on the way back at midday, they were blocking up the M6 from Lancaster to Penrith. Save for any surviving North East team, both us and OT would be the closest grounds in a straight line from Glasgow, driveable in 3-4 hours. I wouldn't want Rangers back although I have seen Celtic in town for OT games and, although the numbers were smaller, they seemed alright [just queued up for O'Sheas mostly]. However, I cannot see what right they have to play in England. Why not have the French in as well? Nonsense, of course, that will never happen.

Our City Centre still smells of stale piss 12 months after the event. The same fate awaits all major English cities if we allow this lot in.

If it happens, I'll turn my back on football. They need us far more than we need them.

They can join the bottom of the league system and work up if they want it so bad. Sure Radcliffe Boro and the like would be about the standard of the SPL.

_44660302_manchester_ben2.jpg

Fucking Gartside. The reason he wants 36 teams is cos he knows Bolton are going to drop at some point and is shitting himself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.