Celtic Thread 2017/18.

In a tinpot league.

Well done. Well done on beating your own record, which, again, was set in a tinpot league, just slightly less tinpot than it is now.

We are a small country of 5m. What exactly were you expecting. Gary Linekar makes more from the BBC than they give us for the football. Just like Sky, the money they make up here is not returned in the same way it is in England.

Even so, we have been in two European Cup finals, one eufa cup final, Rangers have been in two Eufa cup finals, Aberdeen one final, Dundee Utd in one final.

We punch above our weight. We are now in a world of big money and we can't compete. We got 3rd in our group and go into the Europa which was an achievement for us,

We know where we are. And unlike you, just because we have a new arse, we don't forget our old one. Your rise followed investment, but for years you didn't have that. Did you expect to be brilliant in those days when the top clubs all had more money than you?

We will hopefully buy a few better defenders, which should have happened in the summer.

The only straw I'm grasping at us the manner of the result shows clearly they need to spend the circa £70m we have earned in the CL the last two years.

Even Pep with hundreds of millions took time to get you were you are. We will never reach those levels because we just can't afford the type of talent required.

That doesn't get me down though. What's the fucking point getting uptight about the reality?

We just hope to get better, by that I mean having a right chance of securing 3rd and maybe the odd time get a better draw to make it to the last 16.

That's as good as it will get for us. And even that is a big ask.

Merry Christmas :)

We are a small country of 5m. What exactly were you expecting. Gary Linekar makes more from the BBC than they give us for the football. Just like Sky, the money they make up here is not returned in the same way it is in England.

Even so, we have been in two European Cup finals, one eufa cup final, Rangers have been in two Eufa cup finals, Aberdeen one final, Dundee Utd in one final.

We punch above our weight. We are now in a world of big money and we can't compete. We got 3rd in our group and go into the Europa which was an achievement for us,

We know where we are. And unlike you, just because we have a new arse, we don't forget our old one. Your rise followed investment, but for years you didn't have that. Did you expect to be brilliant in those days when the top clubs all had more money than you?

We will hopefully buy a few better defenders, which should have happened in the summer.

The only straw I'm grasping at us the manner of the result shows clearly they need to spend the circa £70m we have earned in the CL the last two years.

Even Pep with hundreds of millions took time to get you were you are. We will never reach those levels because we just can't afford the type of talent required.

That doesn't get me down though. What's the fucking point getting uptight about the reality?

We just hope to get better, by that I mean having a right chance of securing 3rd and maybe the odd time get a better draw to make it to the last 16.

That's as good as it will get for us. And even that is a big ask.

Merry Christmas :)

Good summary. Celtic are still a massive club with a rich history but in a poor league.

As a City fan for nearly 30 years i certainly havent forgotten our old arse! Even now being 11 pts clear, i still think theres a chance we could fuck this all up in typical city fashion!

Good summary. Celtic are still a massive club with a rich history but in a poor league.

As a City fan for nearly 30 years i certainly havent forgotten our old arse! Even now being 11 pts clear, i still think theres a chance we could fuck this all up in typical city fashion!

I'm of an age too that I remember the bad times and like you, still can't help the reflex action of, we're going to fuck this up.

There is no cure. :)

Ridiculous, and incorrect assumption.

But keep telling yourself that, if it makes you feel better.

Thanks. I will. I never usually require permission from anybody to determine how I think.

In your case I will make an exception. Seems that the forgetting the old arse adage fits you to a ter mate.

To a fucking tee.

I think Celtic should go for a PL spot, maybe via a play off with the 3rd place Championship team or something similar, I'm sure their fans would much rather their team competes against better quality teams week in week out, they can and do beat what's in front of them but if I was a Celtic fan I would defo want to be in the PL, makes sense on every level to me...

I think Celtic should go for a PL spot, maybe via a play off with the 3rd place Championship team or something similar, I'm sure their fans would much rather their team competes against better quality teams week in week out, they can and do beat what's in front of them but if I was a Celtic fan I would defo want to be in the PL, makes sense on every level to me...
No way should Celtic or Rangers get anywhere near the English leagues.
Far too much baggage with both clubs.
Not worth the hassle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.