Central midfielder in January?

Re: Central midfielder in January !!

green pennies said:
For those that are reading the thread and haven't watched the youtube videos of Matic, I would highly recommend it. People always say you can't go by a player's highlight reel, but he looks seriously impressive. I'm very excited at the prospect of getting him. He looks an absolute monster. Good luck to anyone trying to push him off the ball. And the touch on some of those passes?? He seems to bring a lot to the table, and as someone else mentioned, if needed he could probably even be slotted in at center half and have success there similar to what happened with Vinny.

Here's to a new year in which Manchester City Football Club never lose a header.
<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/HxZw4aijy7c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/HxZw4aijy7c</a>

MillionDollarDream said:
Gabriel said:
Given that the article predicted we'd go shopping from teams knocked out of the CL, players from Benfica, Porto, and Juventus might be desirable. Matic and Isla would suit me, Vidal if we're allowed to dream.

Were Juve able to give Vidal a new contract extension? Heard rumblings that they might have to part ways with him then on the flip side they were able to give him a new contract.

Signed an extension earlier on this month so not a chance of us signing Vidal for a while.

Just a thought....... James McCarthy is blossoming superbly at Everton,i doubt he's on the radar but i think he could be a great option.

FantasyIreland said:
Just a thought....... James McCarthy is blossoming superbly at Everton,i doubt he's on the radar but i think he could be a great option.

Why don't we just buy Everton? ;).

My crazy hope is that we sell Garcia, Dzeko and Lescott (even though I rate him very highly) and bring in a world class commanding central midfielder and a world class central defender. I'd then give Yaya a free role. We don't need any more attacking players but our attack depends on a better spin than we currently have.

IMO we are operating at just below our potential. I'd love to see the couple of signings that bring us to our full potential (before it crumbles a if always does). That would be a sight to behold... That said we'd probably all be worn out from tears of joy :-)

NoahCity said:
Mcfchamps said:
NoahCity said:
umm, both Fernando and Matic are DMs, and the purpose of buying them would be to play alongside or in place and Fernandinho.

Thats my point. we NEED a fernando or Matic
it's just that you said they would bolster our defence, when they aren't defenders.
you also say another player of the Fernandinho mold won't happen but then say you can see Matic/Fernando coming, and they are players who do a similar job to Fernandinho.
Touchè

Fernando really doesn't do a similar job to Fernandinho, he's more a NDJ style destroyer. All about the tackling, no more than tidy with the ball.

TonyM said:
My crazy hope is that we sell Garcia, Dzeko and Lescott (even though I rate him very highly) and bring in a world class commanding central midfielder and a world class central defender. I'd then give Yaya a free role. We don't need any more attacking players but our attack depends on a better spin than we currently have.

IMO we are operating at just below our potential. I'd love to see the couple of signings that bring us to our full potential (before it crumbles a if always does). That would be a sight to behold... That said we'd probably all be worn out from tears of joy :-)

You mean the same attack that has the club far and away ahead of any other side in the league on goals?

The less time that our attacking players are forced to drop back to defend the better. Therefore we could be even better I think if we had another commanding midfield general in place. Especially away or when having to rest players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.