Champions League - 5th & 6th Officials ????

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A.

What is the point of these guys ? ... last night both of these officials were stood to the right of the goals on the same side as the linesman (attacking right wing) ....... surely they will block the linesman view of a ball on the line etc.

Last season in Europa they stood on the Left of the goal on the opposite side to linesman which makes more sense as then there are 2 different views of a ball on the line.

my mate who is a referee told me they aren't allowed to give decisions, they're simply there as 'goal line technology' i dont know if its true or not.

They advise the ref if he asks for their opinion.. they have no authority whatsoever!

The linesman doesn't need to have a view of the ball on the line, that's the purpose of the 5th and 6th official! Ha ha. Except I haven't seen any of them make a decision in a game ever. I wish I had their job.

Previously they could potentially serve a purpose, being on the opposite side to the linesmen. Now, there is absolutely no point in them being there.

The referee runs a diagonal from left wing to left wing so previously he was on the same side as the referee, particularly at corners. That's probably why they changed it.

The one in 2nd half last night must have been stood in the wrong place to see the deliberate barge on Silva inside the area- or the ref didn't ask him.

Carver said:
The referee runs a diagonal from left wing to left wing so previously he was on the same side as the referee, particularly at corners. That's probably why they changed it.

The one in 2nd half last night must have been stood in the wrong place to see the deliberate barge on Silva inside the area- or the ref didn't ask him.

At Eastlands/Etihad the linesmen have ALWAYS run on the attacking teams right wing ie North East line and the South west line so previously in Europa he was on the opposite side to the linesman..... last night was the first time he was on the same side as the linesman ............. it was the same at Benfica v Rags last night.

EDIT ..... AH just re-read it .... the REFEREE runs diagonal ...... that makes sense but it still means the lino & the 5th official on the same side which is a bit pointless

Carver - you are spot on as to why they have moved sides. The refs said they were a distraction in their previous position. They do have authority to give decisions if the ref has missed something. However, this is the laughable point, in last years Euro competitions they gave, between them all, the grand total of 3 decisions.

One gave a penalty, one gave a goal for the ball crossing the line and the last one gave a goal kick rather than a corner. I believe they get paid about £180.00 per game and are put up in a 5 star hotel with 1st class travel. I have offered my services next year. LOL

I have never seen any one of these give any sort of decision. From the other year when Eduardo (think it was him) done a blatant dive for a penalty right in front one of them who had a better view than the ref, but ref gave penalty (against Celtic)

One shot last night showed the keeper saved it and went for a corner. Ref gave goal kick. 5th/6th official who was there didnt do anything.

Absolute pointless tbh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.