Champions League Draw (Shakhtar, Napoli, Feyenoord)

Do the actual dates get confirmed shortly after the draw?
Do we have any indication at the draw stage who we would play which week IE. Pot 1 plays pot 3 at home match day one

Note: Positions for scheduling do not use the seeding pots, e.g., Team 1 is not necessarily the team from Pot 1 in the draw.

Matchday Matches
Matchday 1 2 v 3, 4 v 1
Matchday 2 1 v 2, 3 v 4
Matchday 3 3 v 1, 2 v 4
Matchday 4 1 v 3, 4 v 2
Matchday 5 3 v 2, 1 v 4
Matchday 6 2 v 1, 4 v 3

Spotted this on Wikipedia...not sure how accurate it is

Not usually one for paranoia however, the exception to this is the Champions League draw.

I'm going for Bayern, City, Roma and CSKA. Of course, it will be Spartak Moscow, United, Basel and Qarabag.

I'm also predicting a massive expose in the next 10-20 years where all these draws were fixed to protect the traditionally 'big' clubs' revenue streams.

If you need me I'll be in my underground bunker with my tin foil hat on reorganising my tinned goods by use-by date.

The draws are designed to favour certain clubs where possible - through seedings and TV pairings, so you could say its fixed from that point of view. Beyond that you're just being paranoid. Whether referees favour the likes of Barcelona is another thing....

We're due a bit of good fortune so hoping for Benfica, Olympiacos, and Qarabag.

Hoping for juve from pot 1 means we'll miss any potential hard teams from pot 3 Roma,Napoli and think juve might struggle this season in champs lge.

I think we will get Real but surely...surely...surely we are due a favourable draw?! The Portuguese or Russian team, or even Monaco?! And then the weakest from the other pots?!

Nope

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.