Champions League Final | Inter (N) - Sat 10th June 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think many blues forget the nerves from that time around. I wasn't confident before the game, we'd lost to them twice in the run up to it and were toothless in the FA Cup semi. The lineup was a huge blow but I understood what Pep was wanting to do. We had a bad game. We lost our key player and we had no way back into the game from that point, against what was a very good Chelsea side that knew exactly what they wanted to do. The false 9 system under Pep always struggled against a compact defence, we didn't really have a plan B other than to throw Aguero on in the hope he could magic something. We got it wrong, but we weren't huge favourites. I thought we would beat them, but I wasn't shocked we didn't.

This time around, as much as people fear they'll jinx it by writing it down, we are all confident. We're the better side. That doesn't mean Inter aren't well drilled and brilliant at what they do, but we're a brilliant side with a much better defence than we had, much more balance than we had and a better and more potent attack than we had with Haaland there. We've also got better options from the bench and the experience of losing the final before.

CL finals are rarely one-sided though so I don't think we'll blow them away. We're miles better than the rags but it was tight and one bad decision or a mistake and that could be that.
In 20/21 we had the Pl pretty much sewn up by March. We were coasting for two months. We‘re much better prepared for this game

I was far from certain we'd beat Chelsea. I wasn't confident at all, and less so when I saw the team selection. I didn't know anyone who felt "certain" of our chances beforehand. I think I was in the majority of City fans.

This time I have no doubt that, with our "A" team, we should win. But, it's a one-off game, so, fingers crossed, as ever.

Confident - yes; certain - no.
There were loads on here 'certain' we'd beat Chelsea, well, up until the team sheet came out ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.