Champions League Final | Istanbul Hotels/Areas

What’s the currency? I would normally use TL but have seen lots of pricing mentioned in Euros.

I was told anywhere around here is where all the bars and action is. Our hotel’s in there somewhere

Attachments

• IMG_6473.jpeg
    IMG_6473.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 45
Interesting snippet from Jonathan Wilson’s Guardian article ….

“The biggest challenge for them in Istanbul is likely to be their own neuroses – the accumulated scar tissue of Pep Guardiola’s disappointments and whatever traces of City-itis still remain. That, and, unless transport links have improved dramatically since 2005 when it last hosted the final, getting from the city centre to the Atatürk Olympic Stadium.”

Seems getting to/from the stadium could be challenging, although he is referencing 2005 ! 18 years is a long time.

is cash king over there or can we do contactless? I do t want to be walking about with loads of cash if I don’t need to.
Last time I went to Antalya, I just withraw cash from the local ATMs. Although, card payments are accepted in most places.

Interesting snippet from Jonathan Wilson’s Guardian article ….

“The biggest challenge for them in Istanbul is likely to be their own neuroses – the accumulated scar tissue of Pep Guardiola’s disappointments and whatever traces of City-itis still remain. That, and, unless transport links have improved dramatically since 2005 when it last hosted the final, getting from the city centre to the Atatürk Olympic Stadium.”

Seems getting to/from the stadium could be challenging, although he is referencing 2005 ! 18 years is a long time.
there was no metro in 2005. it is easy now.

I was told anywhere around here is where all the bars and action is. Our hotel’s in there somewhere
not anymore. this is taksim. istanbul has changed a lot since 2010s. the action is in Besiktas and Kadıkoy. Yes there are still bars street there, ''Nevizade street'', street of GS fans (i am a Gala fan). but nevizade is also not the old nevizade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.