Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

I'd prefer to go direct.
I hate flying so having to get 2 flights isn't my idea of fun and also I'd be mega stressed that the first flight would get delayed and I miss the connecting flight.

I've looked at Bulgaria then a coach but I'm going on my own so a 5 1/2 coach trip each way on my own is probably not the greatest idea.
How easy is it to get the coach or train

And does it get into Istanbul at a reasonable time

I would join forces if everything lines up

Trip.com have flight out of Stansted on 9th return on 12th to Heathrow for £385
Be careful with 3rd party sites, they will have the booking pending and then if they can't buy it for a similar price they will offer you an increased price to pay.

A lot of f…… about but have a look at London to Sofia then train to Istanbul,if you’ve got the time
Just had a look it's a night train 11 hour journey gets you in Istanbul 5-30 am,also you have to get off train middle of night at border and have your luggage X-rayed.fack sake it's like one of those spy things no thank you

Pegasus flights have come up direct from Man to Istanbul. Go out Fri and return on Sun. £690. Fucking ridiculous.
Expect Pegasus will add more, seem to be drip feeding them to keep price around that level. More indirect options starting to appear, you can do it for sub £500 which is still expensive. Not sure if one of us can have the Friday off so might end up with the expensive option.

Trip.com have flight out of Stansted on 9th return on 12th to Heathrow for £385

I'm on this one, prices have actually moved very little on this route in comparison to others, it's only gone up by about £50 since Wednesday.

How easy is it to get the coach or train

And does it get into Istanbul at a reasonable time

I would join forces if everything lines up
Don’t quote me but I’m sure I read somewhere that you couldn’t book the train in advance from Sofia to Istanbul? Although that was the overnight sleeper.

I felt the same about paying that sort of till for flights, I just feel lucky that I'm in a position to convert it into an 8 day holiday for not that much more money. Even so I've still not pulled the trigger, it all just seems so frivolous to spunk so much hard earned on a football trip.
I'm 63, if I don't do it this time I probably never will get the chance again, certainly not for what could be such a historic moment for our club.

If you can afford it - do it. Life is too short, life can change or end in a second. These are the moments that you only get one shot at. You are not much older than me so will have spent most of your life never even daring to dream of occasions like this.

I understand its a lot of money and feels frivolous but the memories we all might have from this are worth more than the money sat in the bank for a rainy day that might never come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.