Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

just came to my mind...
I told you in my previous posts that you may use credit card everywhere. no cash needed.

but no alcohol in stadiums in turkey. problably they will not make an exception for the final. i will check.
but no pubs, stores etc, near the stadium.

but there will probably turkish guys (mobile) selling beer near the stadium. thats how we drink near Galatasaray Stadium. So you may hold some cash (turkish lira) for that purpose on matchday.

Anyway, i will write a long post 2 weeks later; mentioning everything.
also 2nd round elections next week. i will keep you informed.
take care.

Cheers for that mate, will book around there, never done an overseas away, so both of us a bit apprehensive but if plenty of other blues about to copy and follow will make us feel a bit better
Yeah because I've seen it get mentioned so many times on here already I've booked near Taksim Sq. Travelling alone but any City shirt I see I'll just latch on!

Seen a lot of talk of the obvious areas, Fatih, Takim Sq, Besiktas etc. Is anyone staying over the river?

Taksim is ok. demographincs of taksim changed since 2012-13. the best place in istanbul was taksim (in90s to 2010). for night life, people, rock n roll. not anymore. too many arabic tourists. only arabic tourists.
but taksim is safe i can say, but... taksim's branch roads (by-streets) was always dangerous; esp at night. i ve been robbed a few times.
So, for hotel, taksim is ok, but use the main road only (Istiklal Street); be carefull at night.
there is ''nevizade street'' (bars streets- one of the best / GS fans street), for pubs. still good. but come to Besiktas or Kadıkoy for pubs. I will write a long mail next week or before the game about those issues.
Thanks for this. Booked an Airbnb yesterday near Taksim Square. The apartment looks great but it is down a side street though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.