Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Another question re connecting flights, or rather self transfer connecting flights where we’ve booked separately with 2 different airlines. On the way back on the Sunday we’re flying back into Düsseldorf with Turkish Airlines then - providing all on time - we have about 2 and half hours before our Eurowings flight home. Do we have to come all the way through security and passport control (as if we were arriving at our final destination) before going all the way back through again or do we just head for our departure gate for our next flight with a possible passport check on the way?

Apologies for what might seem a daft question but I’ve only done connecting flights with the same airline before!

I'm leaving a family holiday in Crete a day early. Flying from Heraklion airport at 7am on the day of the game to Thessoloniki and then 9.25 flight to Istanbul arriving at 10.50. Flying home at 2pm on the Sunday via Montenegro.

Large group of us are doing Thursday to Monday Antalya with internal flights into Istanbul on the day of the game with an overnight stay.

My brother is really struggling as he can only do Saturday with an overnight stay. Any advice would be appreciated. Can’t find any suitable flights. Would hate him to miss out.

Large group of us are doing Thursday to Monday Antalya with internal flights into Istanbul on the day of the game with an overnight stay.

My brother is really struggling as he can only do Saturday with an overnight stay. Any advice would be appreciated. Can’t find any suitable flights. Would hate him to miss out.
There's flights available out Saturday from Birmingham and London (all airports) in time for the game and back Sunday

Another question re connecting flights, or rather self transfer connecting flights where we’ve booked separately with 2 different airlines. On the way back on the Sunday we’re flying back into Düsseldorf with Turkish Airlines then - providing all on time - we have about 2 and half hours before our Eurowings flight home. Do we have to come all the way through security and passport control (as if we were arriving at our final destination) before going all the way back through again or do we just head for our departure gate for our next flight with a possible passport check on the way?

Apologies for what might seem a daft question but I’ve only done connecting flights with the same airline before!
If your flights are with 2 different airlines you will have to go through passport control as though you are exiting the airport & then go through security checks & check in again. If its a through ticket with the same airline you just use the dedicated international transit zone. Hope this helps

What about Friday night flight ? If so check out Turkish airlines .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.