Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Is the Metro from SAW free on Saturday morning? The UEFA app says free across Istanbul metropolitan area but does that include from the Airports?

and then after 10am on Sunday we will have to buy and pre-load an Istanbulcard for getting around on the Metro, is that right?

Pre-booking airport transfers is coming out at about £45 per person (return) which seems a bit steep.

just found this bit on the UEFA website under the 'Getting to the stadium' section:

"Dedicated shuttle buses will operate on matchday from both Istanbul (IST) and Sabiha Gokcen International (SAW) airports to take you into the city centre or to the stadium, depending on the time of your arrival."

Have you received the email that states E-Ticket and your booking number? Further down it should have your ticket details (route, seat numbers etc) if you have that it should be all you need.
i have going on one flight but not the other . but when i log onto turkish airlines with the details they are all there , just no e ticket

there was a guy in wembley oasis gig 2000, in the front, near the stage, i was there. you can see him in familiar to millions dvd. we was wearing a dickov shirt. i liked that a lot that time. ok, i will wear dickov shirt. if you see a tall turkish guy in istanbul wearing a dickov jersey, thats me then :))))

What if there’s more than one “ tall turkish guy in istanbul wearing a dickov jersey” ?

What if there’s more than one “ tall turkish guy in istanbul wearing a dickov jersey” ?
then, understand that you are in an alternative reality. a parallel universe. you are trapped there. since 2 dickov shirted turkish guys is not posibble in this universe.
like neo below.
cheers.

Last edited:
Anyone else landing on the Saturday from Berlin?! Land at 4.15pm so hoping to get to the hotel quickly drop bags off (an hour from airport near Yenikapi) and then head to the ground! Anyone else doing the same or just straight to the ground from the airport?!

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

We arrive in SAW airport on Thursday morning at 12.30am and wondered whats the best way into the centre at that time of night?

I think there is no public transport at that time, so is it just get a cab when we are there or pre book a transfer before travelling?

Thanks

You can go on booking.com and setup an airport transfer. This is then normally sourced out to a reputable local taxi company who will be waiting for you. They usually keep in contact via WhatsApp before you arrive. Should cost you about £30 but better than messing around on Metros that time of night.

Anyone else landing on the Saturday from Berlin?! Land at 4.15pm so hoping to get to the hotel quickly drop bags off (an hour from airport near Yenikapi) and then head to the ground! Anyone else doing the same or just straight to the ground from the airport?!
When do you fly back? If it were me at that time and with flights often landing a bit late, I would head to the ground. By time you get through security and to hotel it may be 6pm or later and that’s if everything runs on time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.