Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Feel confident until I see starting line up.
Big surprise we play without defensive midfield but it is the bad surprise really.
Tomorrow we will see countless of media with the head line saying Pep overthinking again.

Play the strong team and effective system until opponent catch up is better than playing system that opponent don't know but our players too don't know how to play without defensive midfield.

We are City, super City from Maine Road!

We're disappointed we lost a Champs League final, after winning the league and the league cup. I love this club!
Yes all those years winning sod all and yoyoing up and down the leagues. Some people are never satisfied.

We did not turn up for the said first euro final, that's not acceptable for me and I am sure Khaldoon is not a happy chappy this evening.

If you think he's blaming Pep you're off your but.

I'm gutted too mate but we don't make that final, or win the title, or the centurions or clean sweep seasons, without Guardiola.

It ain't easy to accept, but we'll be back and we'll win it. For now, we have to be content with making our first ever final and winning the title

Dias was uncomfortable too, too much space front of him Gundo simply cannot screen that area on his own neither can he pick up runners, make spot on tackles to cut out danger (look at Kante doing that to us exactly 5-6 times front of the box).

The effect of this Gundo plays deeper move was such a shit idea. i mean if we had payed this 5-6 times earlier the season but we did not. We always had Rodri or Dinho. And then in the final remove Gundo from his role of arriving in the box which made him a tremendus asset in this year and put him deep where he cannot do this but also cannot do whats needed in that position also putting more pressure on defence.

Than this means off form Sterling starts, Foden being moved compared to how great he was from the left last couple of games, KDB was clearly troubled too.

We worked against ourselves with this, and there was no need for it really. i mean if we had rodri and Dinho out injured yes maybe try it...

I wonder the players feel this is such a WTF tactical move as it looks from outside. Gundo even had a training injury scare, possibly not 100% fit either.

still 1 shot on target in a cl final is piss poor from a side like ours. even that I cannot recall any big save from mendy, what was that on target one, some ball catched, maybe Foden's shot was blocked by Rudiger first half and went up in air slowly and mendy just catched it front of him, was that it?

that is piss poor. if before the game someone says City wont even make a serious shot on target we would not believed it.

It does hurt as fuck to lose.
What makes it worse is the idea that this would have been the perfect ending to a wonderful season.
This was a good chance to get that monkey off our back.
By the law of averages we’ll win it sometimes, but we do fucking make it hard on ourselves!

Although I don’t agree with Pep’s selection I think the players he selected played poorly- De.Bruyne, Mahrez, Sterling, Stones, Silva - none of them turned up tonight. I think the performance of the players actually made Pep’s selection look even worse. In the first half I can’t think of one player who played to his normal standard

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.