Champions League Final | Ticket Criteria | SOLD OUT

Appreciate all your info mate. Only person affiliated with the club who’s actually keeping people informed.

Have city mentioned why they want to keep things secretive. Surely a good way to please people would be to keep us in the loop eg. How many tickets available per category. Remaining tickets etc.

Leaving everyone in the dark just seems to cause more panic and likely more divide between fans… As we’ve seen with the OSC’s and people using other fans codes.
Totally agree with you pal. I’ve asked them to share this information in the past and will be asking again.

Perhaps I am being a cynic, but I think that the club do it as it gives them more control. Keep people in the dark and you can sell more cup scheme memberships, as people don’t know where they really stand, and not advertise that only 60% tickets go to points holders.

Last edited:
Totally agree with you pal. I’ve asked them to share this information in the past and will be asking again.

Perhaps I am being a cynic, but I think that the club do it as it gives them more control. Keep people in the dark and you can; sell more cup scheme memberships, as people don’t know where they really stand; shave off tickets to whoever you deem; hide from people that only 60% tickets go to points holders. As they say, knowledge is power.

Alex.

Do you know? And can you find out from the club.

This could effect everyone with a mobile phone with their digital ticket on it.

What should people do if they lose, damage or have their mobile phone stolen in Istanbul?

Are UEFA or 'City' going to have a support team in Istanbul to help fans with that or other problems.

Thanks.

The laughable part is if you look at the side on upper tier tickets, you could be Cat green for £156 and be slightly over one block away from a Cat blue where that person has paid £600!
I suspect that any City or Inter fans that buy the expensive tickets will find themselves on the fringes. UEFA will not want their guests to be too near the riff riff

I certainly wouldn’t take any prediction I make as gospel, I just have access to a bit more information than others. And of course I don’t have the pedigree of some of our seasoned seat counters!

The difficulty with this game is not knowing how many tickets have been sold, if people have used their codes and of course people who may have passed theirs on. We’re asking the club if they are aware on how sales are going.

I originally thought that this would sell out to those towards the bottom of seasoncard holders not on the cup scheme. Given the number of codes requested and the criteria, but also the additional OSC tickets and that some who got their tickets from a supporter club may have also requested a code, I would probably revise that to say around or just below 10,000 points and not on the scheme.

It’s fair to say that the number of requests from those not on the scheme, was a fair amount below those on the scheme. That may reflect the point that you mentioned before about the FA Cup Final, that not a lot of people on higher points aren’t on the cup schemes.
Thanks for the regular updates

Anybody got 5,000 points I can borrow before I get the prayer mat out ;-)

Alex.

Do you know? And can you find out from the club.

This could effect everyone with a mobile phone with their digital ticket on it.

What should people do if they lose, damage or have their mobile phone stolen in Istanbul?

Are UEFA or 'City' going to have a support team in Istanbul to help fans with that or other problems.

Thanks.
The club asked UEFA if there would be any exceptions for printed tickets, but apparently UEFA have held firm on that one.

They did mention that they’ll have a help team out in Istanbul, perhaps at one of the fan parks.

That said, I’ll double check with them as I agree, it has the potential to be very important.

I certainly wouldn’t take any prediction I make as gospel, I just have access to a bit more information than others. And of course I don’t have the pedigree of some of our seasoned seat counters!

The difficulty with this game is not knowing how many tickets have been sold, if people have used their codes and of course people who may have passed theirs on. We’re asking the club if they are aware on how sales are going.

I originally thought that this would sell out to those towards the bottom of seasoncard holders not on the cup scheme. Given the number of codes requested and the criteria, but also the additional OSC tickets and that some who got their tickets from a supporter club may have also requested a code, I would probably revise that to say around or just below 10,000 points and not on the scheme.

It’s fair to say that the number of requests from those not on the scheme, was a fair amount below those on the scheme. That may reflect the point that you mentioned before about the FA Cup Final, that not a lot of people on higher points aren’t on the cup schemes.
Some people on here earlier in the week were saying that we may struggle to sell out and suggesting an open sale. Is that looking wide of the mark?

Perhaps I am being a cynic, but I think that the club do it as it gives them more control. Keep people in the dark and you can; sell more cup scheme memberships, as people don’t know where they really stand; shave off tickets to whoever you deem; hide from people that only 60% tickets go to points holders. As they say, knowledge is power.
Yep exactly my thinking. Fine in normal times the mess with Madrid at home should be enough to get anyone on the cup scheme.

Will be almost 2 full weeks of stressing about getting hold of a ticket, since booking flights, by the time we qualify on Tuesday at 4pm.

Yep exactly my thinking. Fine in normal times the mess with Madrid at home should be enough to get anyone on the cup scheme.

Will be almost 2 full weeks of stressing about getting hold of a ticket, since booking flights, by the time we qualify on Tuesday at 4pm.

I know two people booked on the day trip who cant buy until Tuesday. Not sure what the refund policy is but have a feeling they shouldnt of booked until they had tickets secured.

I know two people booked on the day trip who cant buy until Tuesday. Not sure what the refund policy is but have a feeling they shouldnt of booked until they had tickets secured.
Yeah much worse situation. If I end up without a ticket I’ve got all day Friday, Saturday to sort something and I’ve not I’ve had a holiday out of it.

Wouldn’t fancy a day trip just to watch in a bar. Also feel like the city response will be same as yours shouldn’t have commited until certain of a ticket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.