Champions League Final | Ticket Criteria | SOLD OUT

Pretty random question but we got 2 category 4 tickets on Tuesday which were €140 equivalent of around £121, this has come off my card from UEFA, however also come off my card is another payment from UEFA for £125.10 that says UEFA C.L. Final Paris CHE? Haven’t got a clue why or how this has happened, anyone else have this? I presume/hoping it just disappears at some point but it has been on there since yesterday and still showing. Not even sure if it doesn’t come off who to speak to City or UEFA (can you even talk to someone there)? Anybody else had the same issue?

Could be a foreign transaction fee mate. If that's £4.10 more than you were expecting rather than a full £125.10 extra?

You not going to travel without a ticket?

Our kid is, he's going to buy out there up to £2k.

More money than sense.

I've just booked five nights in a luxury town house right by the golf course at St Andrews in July for me, wife and kids.

If you had said to a crazy 18-year-old kid thirty years ago that I would prioritise spending my money on a family holiday, rather than see City win the European Cup, I'd have assumed I had fallen out of love with football.

Life, eh?

I'll be at Wembley with my lad on Saturday and then I will hope to enjoy the show in Turkey, before raising a toast next month on the beach!

*Perhaps if my passport was in date, I'd have something to think about ;)

Could be a foreign transaction fee mate. If that's £4.10 more than you were expecting rather than a full £125.10 extra?
no this amount is in addition to the £121 so they have taken roughly about £246 in total but should have just been the £121, but the fact it says UEFA C.L. Final Paris, it’s like it has got mixed up with last years final!

You not going to travel without a ticket?

Our kid is, he's going to buy out there up to £2k.

More money than sense.

I've just booked five nights in a luxury town house right by the golf course at St Andrews in July for me, wife and kids.

If you had said to a crazy 18-year-old kid thirty years ago that I would prioritise spending my money on a family holiday, rather than see City win the European Cup, I'd have assumed I had fallen out of love with football.

Life, eh?

I'll be at Wembley with my lad on Saturday and then I will hope to enjoy the show in Turkey, before raising a toast next month on the beach!

*Perhaps if my passport was in date, I'd have something to think about ;)
I could guarantee your kid one for a 1/3 of that price before he even gets on the plane, you’ve just got to know where to look, £2000 is ridiculous mate

I could guarantee your kid one for a 1/3 of that price before he even gets on the plane, you’ve just got to know where to look, £2000 is ridiculous mate
He did only say up to, tbf. But yeah, you can already get tickets for less than half that on touting sites. Closer to the game it’ll be even less I imagine, and if he’s out there I’m sure there will be spares knocking about for closer to face value.

just checked this again and now the original amount of £121 has disappeared and it just shows the £125.10 so it must be the foreign transaction fee that has overridden the original price, cheers mate

just checked this again and now the original amount of £121 has disappeared and it just shows the £125.10 so it must be the foreign transaction fee that has overridden the original price, cheers mate
A good lesson in some banks mugging customers off. I used Chase to purchase a £156 (€180) ticket. There are no charges and with the exchange rate it cost £155.78, and in addition I got £1.56 back as cashback! So in total £154.22. If newer Internet based banks can offer full exchange rate, no fees and cashback then these archaic old school banks should be doing better. There is still time for anyone who is going out there to get a Chase account and any purchases out there will be fee free, offer full exchange rate and give you 1% cashback! Just a thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.