Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

A mate of mine has Tunnel Club season tickets. They've got an allocation of 500 set aside for this lot. There are 1500 corporate ticket holders. 1 in 3 chance, applying today.
That really doesn't surprise me at all. I heard a while ago that of our 3,000 premier away tickets, only 500 went to people on points. The rest went to corporate, comps and supporters clubs. When you hear this it makes you think ticket points, platinum membership etc is all just one big con.

I'm going off topic here a bit.

To qualify for a ticket on the points scheme for one of these games, you need to have been going for at least 20 years.

Whenever I go, it's always the same faces. Most (like me) are well over 50 years, who simply don't have the same youthful exuberance of people in their 20s.

So where is the incentive/opportunity for newer and younger fans to get involved?

When I started going in the 80s to away games, they were noisy and raucous, with lots of singing and a much younger crowd. Now City fans are quiet compared to most other clubs. This has a knock on effect at the Etihad too, where unless it's an important match, the atmosphere is poor.

I'm not knocking the loyalty of those that go to these games week in week out, and have been going for years. They deserve it.

I just think the club should do more to enable people with fewer points to have the opportunity to go on an away trip occasionally. I know they introduced 150 tickets for younger away fans, but seriously will 5% change anything?

I thought the loyalty scheme was a dreadful idea when it was first introduced, it just created a closed shop, and prevented the club from growing its fan base and therefore its ability to compete financially. Seating the Kippax was the start.

Loyalty/ tickets points should only get you priority for key games where there is huge demand and very limited supply. Not for every run of the mill match.

At the end of the day, we're all City fans, and should get treated equally. A ballot system with a bit of a weighting to those with more points would be better.

Anyhow rant over.

Has anyone who has opted to go on the free planes got that mentioned in their confirmation e-mail ?
Thanks

Cheers, fella. Hate gov websites. Who have you chosen? Are they sending to your house?
I think I chose Blindspot and I think they’re sending it to my house :-). I don’t know if they’re any good or not. It was top of the list when I went through it. I think they’ve added a load more since.

That really doesn't surprise me at all. I heard a while ago that of our 3,000 premier away tickets, only 500 went to people on points. The rest went to corporate, comps and supporters clubs. When you hear this it makes you think ticket points, platinum membership etc is all just one big con.

I'm going off topic here a bit.

To qualify for a ticket on the points scheme for one of these games, you need to have been going for at least 20 years.

Whenever I go, it's always the same faces. Most (like me) are well over 50 years, who simply don't have the same youthful exuberance of people in their 20s.

So where is the incentive/opportunity for newer and younger fans to get involved?

When I started going in the 80s to away games, they were noisy and raucous, with lots of singing and a much younger crowd. Now City fans are quiet compared to most other clubs. This has a knock on effect at the Etihad too, where unless it's an important match, the atmosphere is poor.

I'm not knocking the loyalty of those that go to these games week in week out, and have been going for years. They deserve it.

I just think the club should do more to enable people with fewer points to have the opportunity to go on an away trip occasionally. I know they introduced 150 tickets for younger away fans, but seriously will 5% change anything?

I thought the loyalty scheme was a dreadful idea when it was first introduced, it just created a closed shop, and prevented the club from growing its fan base and therefore its ability to compete financially. Seating the Kippax was the start.

Loyalty/ tickets points should only get you priority for key games where there is huge demand and very limited supply. Not for every run of the mill match.

At the end of the day, we're all City fans, and should get treated equally. A ballot system with a bit of a weighting to those with more points would be better.

Anyhow rant over.
I'm 60 and agree with you. Our fans at away games were far more raucous in the 80s - we were known for it. I reckon ballots will become the norm in future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.