Champions League Final | Useful Information

TedofChume

Team supported
City
I thought I'd start a thread of useful info.

NB: Please read what Manchester33 from 1894 has to say on Page 5 of this thread.

1 UEFA Portal - FAQ Regarding Tickets

Stadium Category Plan - UPDATE

Stadium Block Plan

3 STADIUM GUIDE

3a
What props am I allowed to bring inside?

You can bring flagpoles that are a maximum of 1m long and 1cm in diameter and banners or flags that are a maximum of 2m x 1.5m. Check out the stadium rules for the full details.

3b
Besides my match ticket, what else do I need to enter the stadium?

Make sure carry a valid form of ID with you at all times. Check out the Prepping and packing page for more details.

3c
Is there something to do at the Stadium for non-ticket holders?

No. It’s a very long way to get to Atatürk Olympic Stadium from the city centre, and once you get there, you won’t be able to get close to the stadium or any of the facilities in the area. The Fan Zones are for ticketed fans only, and there will be nowhere to watch the match.

3d. # NO COINS #
Do I need to have cash? Are there cash machines around the stadium?

Keep in mind local rules don’t allow coins inside the stadium. You can pay with banknotes, but only in lira. You can pay by card or contactless payment at the Fan Shops and at the food and beverage concessions, so no need to carry cash with you

3e
How early should I get to the stadium before the match?

Gates will open at 18:00 for a 22:00 kick-off, and we recommend you get there at least 4 hours before the start of the match. The Club Fan Zones for ticket holders will open at 14:00, so there’s plenty of reason to come early!

3f
Bag policy

You can only enter the stadium with bags no bigger than A4, so if you’re coming directly to the stadium, it’s best not to bring a bag at all if possible.

According to Manchester33 on Page 5 of this thread, there will be a drop off point for bags.

3g
Power banks

You can bring a small power bank, no larger than your phone.

4 TRAVEL

Travel Pass - Apple

Travel Pass - Android

Use on public transport and shuttle buses.

4a
Arrival flights

Matchday, before 13:00: Arriving in the morning means you can comfortably check in to your hotel, before heading to the stadium to enjoy the pre-match atmosphere at the stadium.

Matchday after 13:00: We recommend you head straight to the stadium so you won’t miss a minute of the action. The Fan Zones for ticket holders open at 14:00. ️

4b
Key distances and travel times:

IST Airport to city centre: 35km / 22 miles
1.5 hours via Shuttle Bus; 40 mins by metro

IST Airport to stadium: 33km / 20 miles
1 hour by Shuttle Bus

City centre to stadium: 24km / 15 miles
1 hour by Shuttle Bus

IST Airport to Champions Festival: 50 km / 31 miles
1 hour via Shuttle Bus

SAW Airport to stadium: 66km / 41 miles
2.5 hours by Shuttle Bus

SAW airport to city centre: 40km / 25 miles
1.5 hours by Shuttle Bus, 1.5 hours by metro

Free Shuttle Bus service on matchday

Make use of the free Shuttle Bus services between the airports, the city centre, and Atatürk Olympic Stadium, both before and after the match!

A detailed schedule will be published closer to the Final.

By public transport

Public transport in Istanbul is a convenient and inexpensive way to get around the city and you’ve got plenty of options.

For travel across the city, the official electronic ‘smart card’ for the entire public transport network in Istanbul is the Istanbulkart.

By taxi

Travel tip

Taxis may seem like a convenient option, but traffic is unpredictable and it will take longer than you expect. We do not recommend taking a taxi on matchday due to extensive road closures around the stadium.

On any other day, taxis in Istanbul or ‘Taksis’ are widely available, and require charging with a taximeter. You’ll find the standard yellow taxi but there are also turquoise (usually around 15% more expensive) or black (usually twice as expensive) also available as more comfortable options. You will most likely need cash for payments.

The base fare is around €0.51 with a price per km of €0.32, although if you plan to take one from the airport, it will be more expensive.

5 MOBILE PHONES

O2
If you are on O2, you can add on a bolt on for £6 per day which gives you unlimited calls, texts and data.
Takes 24 hours to activate so do before travelling.
Automatically begins when you first use your phone in Turkey.
Don't need to switch it off when back home as will know you're not in Turkey.

Vodafone
They charge £6:85 a day if you use your phone in Turkey.

SimCorner

If you are staying for 4 or 5 days.

£24 for 15 days worth of data, just stick it in the phone when you land. Use code TRAVEL5 to get it for ££22.80.

You don't get calls and texts but don't have to worry about being connected to WiFi for your full holiday, good for using WhatsApp, Google Maps etc.

6 Card Payments Abroad - Best Rates

In the ticket thread, people have paid between £156.75-£161.43 for a €180 ticket depending on which card they used. If you want your money to go further....

Chase
(recommended by Martin Lewis)
You can download the App, add the card to your wallet, transfer some £s and start using it the same day.

HSBC Global Money

Starling
"
If anyone wants to avoid paying transaction fees for using their card abroad try setting up an account with Starling Bank.

Me and the Mrs set up a joint account for holiday spends a few years back.

Dead easy to pay contactless using your phone or watch. Also you can use their bank card to withdraw cash abroad with no charges."

https://www.starlingbank.com

Last edited:
A CL sticky subforum at the top of the page for the next 2 weeks away from the main forum would be a good idea. It would stop all the CL final threads going up and down on the main forum and getting mixed in with general City related threads.

Can you do that Ric?

A CL sticky subforum at the top of the page for the next 2 weeks away from the main forum would be a good idea. It would stop all the CL final threads going up and down on the main forum and getting mixed in with general City related threads.

Can you do that Ric?
More chance of it being hidden away in off topic like the last useful thread!

Good thread. Apparently you can't take any bags into the stadium that are bigger than A4 size. I've seen that buried in the official UEFA stuff but thought it might be good to highlight it here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.