Champions League football thread..

IH8MUFC said:
RandomJ said:
Can't believe Wenger didn't start the Oxe in this game. Been their best player last few games.
Wenger is losing the plot big time. He used to be a great manager. His decision making has been terrible this season.

-- Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:27 pm --

SkyBlue17 said:
Speaker said:
Riddled with injuries? They were only missing one player and that was Pirlo, who was deemed surplus to requirements this summer. It was us who had no king, no bale, and modric just coming back from an injury and not even featuring in the 1st leg. We had far more important players missing than Milan did.
Milan was missing Pirlo, Ambrosini, Nesta, Gattuso (1 match), Cassano (Cup tied), Van Bommel (Cup tied). Their keeper also got injured in the first match if i recall correctly.

Spurs really didn't do anything in the 2nd leg, just parked 10 behind the ball. That's why I never bought the Spurs hype last season.
Sometimes parking the bus is an effective tactic. Inter did it at the camp nou to knock out Barca.
"We didn't park the bus, we parked the airplane and we did it for two reasons. One, because we only had 10 men and two, because we beat them 3-1 at San Siro, not by parking the bus, or the boat or the airplane, but by smashing them at the San Siro." - J. Mourinho

SkyBlue17 said:
Speaker said:
SkyBlue17 said:
Spurs fan? Milan dominated you guys for 135 minutes, and were riddled with injuries. A healthy Milan team knocks you out quite comfortably imho

Riddled with injuries? They were only missing one player and that was Pirlo, who was deemed surplus to requirements this summer. It was us who had no king, no bale, and modric just coming back from an injury and not even featuring in the 1st leg. We had far more important players missing than Milan did.
Milan was missing Pirlo, Ambrosini, Nesta, Gattuso (1 match), Cassano (Cup tied), Van Bommel (Cup tied). Their keeper also got injured in the first match if i recall correctly.

Spurs really didn't do anything in the 2nd leg, just parked 10 behind the ball. That's why I never bought the Spurs hype last season.

4 of those players didn't play tonight either, it's quite fair to say that both sides were equally hampered by injuries over the course of two legs, and Ibra, Robinho, Pato, and Boateng were all anonymous when they played against us.

The fact is, Spurs are tailor made to beat Milan. They have no pace, whereas we have it in abundance. I would actually say that sides like, Napoli and Lazio would give us a tougher game than Milan imo, stylistically anyway.

City Raider said:
IH8MUFC said:
City Raider said:
its becoming more and more apparent that this is the weakest premiership for a while
The rags, us and Spurs would have given AC Milan a much tougher game than Le Arsenal did tonight.

the 2 best teams in the prem are not even in the comp anymore!
No they are not. Those 2 teams are still better than most of the teams in it.

Speaker said:
SkyBlue17 said:
Speaker said:

4 of those players didn't play tonight either, it's quite fair to say that both sides were equally hampered by injuries over the course of two legs, and Ibra, Robinho, Pato, and Boateng were all anonymous when they played against us.

The fact is, Spurs are tailor made to beat Milan. They have no pace, whereas we have it in abundance. I would actually say that sides like, Napoli and Lazio would give us a tougher game than Milan imo, stylistically anyway.

Interested to click just why you are wasting an evening here.. ????

IH8MUFC said:
City Raider said:
IH8MUFC said:
The rags, us and Spurs would have given AC Milan a much tougher game than Le Arsenal did tonight.

I must be missing something then coz I always thought you only got knocked out if you werent good enough

dom said:
Speaker said:
SkyBlue17 said:

Interested to click just why you are wasting an evening here.. ????

Excuse me? Pot, kettle, black? Glass houses and all that? It might be because my gf is manc, or perhaps it is because I knew for certain that this forum wouldn't be buzzing with a champs league game, much like my spurs forum.

It could be due to the fact that I live with two Americans, and two girls, none of whom like football, and I am certainly not going down to the pub to watch my hated rivals play.

It's probably nothing to do with any of that, just one simple fact:
I like to talk to people about football. I especially like to talk to people who have a somewhat neutral opinion about the game that is on, which i certainly would not get on a Spurs board talking about an Arsenal game.

But seriously, why such a stupid question? And why do you even care?<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:06 pm --<br /><br />
City Raider said:
IH8MUFC said:
City Raider said:

I must be missing something then coz I always thought you only got knocked out if you werent good enough

Tell that to the 1978 Brazil WC squad :)

IH8MUFC said:
City Raider said:
IH8MUFC said:

Disagree. United were knocked out of one of the easiest groups. We had a tougher group, but couldn't beat Napoli, who out-thought us tactically in the first game at home. Both teams weren't good enough, which is why they're not there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.