Champions League Games | Gameweek 1 | 19/20 Sept '23

By 'smashed them 3 times last season' I presume you meant 'narrowly defeated their B team in the FA Cup, won against the run of play at the Emirates by being super clinical in front of goal and then comprehensively beat a side that had Rob Holding at centre back at the Etihad?'

You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

City ARE better than Arsenal. Not everywhere, but in some key areas. Haaland for sure, Dias for sure. But most importantly Pep by a million miles. Doesn't mean teams won't try and get better and learn from it. Like I said elsewhere, you guys deservedly won the treble last season but just as easily could have won fuck all -Arsenal shat their pants in the league, the Rags could have nicked the FA Cup final and Edersen played a blinder in the CL final. It is about small details.

Enjoy it, you deserve it and lord knows you waited long enough for it. But also be humble enough to understand nothing can be taken for granted, you need to maintain and grow your levels because other teams will increase theirs
Sigh...and so it begins.

By 'smashed them 3 times last season' I presume you meant 'narrowly defeated their B team in the FA Cup, won against the run of play at the Emirates by being super clinical in front of goal and then comprehensively beat a side that had Rob Holding at centre back at the Etihad?'

You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

City ARE better than Arsenal. Not everywhere, but in some key areas. Haaland for sure, Dias for sure. But most importantly Pep by a million miles. Doesn't mean teams won't try and get better and learn from it. Like I said elsewhere, you guys deservedly won the treble last season but just as easily could have won fuck all -Arsenal shat their pants in the league, the Rags could have nicked the FA Cup final and Edersen played a blinder in the CL final. It is about small details.

Enjoy it, you deserve it and lord knows you waited long enough for it. But also be humble enough to understand nothing can be taken for granted, you need to maintain and grow your levels because other teams will increase theirs
Against the run of play? Some serious revisionism there. You had one single shot on target and that was a penalty.

Based on the 1st round of matches Arsenal were streets ahead of how City played against Red Star. Of course we know that it is not the case in reality that Arsenal are a better team than City but I wanted to point out that based on your statement of looking at things after round 1 only that City were on a different level to anyone else then clearly you didn't watch the Arsenal game, plus PSV are a significantly better team than Red Star and were on a 26 game unbeaten run in all competitions.

That being said PSV made the error of being attacking and playing a high defensive line and the fact Kai Haavertz looked good shows how naieve PSV were but Arsenal would have beaten most teams last night.

Still think City are the most likely to win the CL though, with Real 2nd favourites. Didn't rate Bayern last night although they have the players to hurt any team
What a load of waffle, you’ve pulled somebody for stating he hasn’t witnessed anything near the level we reached last season, and gone on to say you think Arsenal would’ve beaten most, talk about a contradiction, you’ve won an Fa cup & a community shield in 4 years, without any real internal or external pressure (despite your spending) well this season the heat will be on, after last season & spending £200M on the squad, your owners and fans will demand better, yeah the CL will feel like a free swing, but the longer you stay in it, the more you’ll want to win it, and the more you will sacrifice…..happy to revisit this post in 2024 as I reckon you won’t win either of the big two and the post you where happy to pour scorn on will ring true, we’ve had all this from the scousers for years and the rags before them, both were seen off, you may win a few battles (CS) but as long as we have Pep, we’ll always win the war

What a load of waffle, you’ve pulled somebody for stating he hasn’t witnessed anything near the level we reached last season, and gone on to say you think Arsenal would’ve beaten most, talk about a contradiction, you’ve won an Fa cup & a community shield in 4 years, without any real internal or external pressure (despite your spending) well this season the heat will be on, after last season & spending £200M on the squad, your owners and fans will demand better, yeah the CL will feel like a free swing, but the longer you stay in it, the more you’ll want to win it, and the more you will sacrifice…..happy to revisit this post in 2024 as I reckon you won’t win either of the big two and the post you where happy to pour scorn on will ring true, we’ve had all this from the scousers for years and the rags before them, both were seen off, you may win a few battles (CS) but as long as we have Pep, we’ll always win the war
No I thought he was saying he say nobody played near the level of City vs Red Star. If it is comparing it to the spanking of Real Madrid (probably the most complete performance of an English team in Europe) then of course Arsenal were nowhere near that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.