Champions League Grumbles

Ding Dong

Do`nt get me wrong, it`s great to be in it but is anyone else pi**ed off by some of the stupid things that go with the Champs League......

1/ Not being able to have a pint during the games. A competition thats sponserd by most larger companys in europe. I fully accept its done to prevent trouble but away fans have been on the pi** all day and most home fans have come straight from work and are gagging for a pint.

2/ Advertising hoardings that have to be increased in height by 9 inches. Making the first 2 rows of seating redundant. [ is everyone in Europe short sighted ? ]

3/ Stewards who already have bright yellow flourescent coats on, have to wear bright day glow orange bibs on top.

4/ An offical behind each goal !!! [ WTF ]

5/ Referees who issue instructions or cards like a member of the hitler youth.

6/ Large parts of your ground being given over to " The European Family ".

............And many many more little things that bug me

Ding Dong said:
Do`nt get me wrong, it`s great to be in it but is anyone else pi**ed off by some of the stupid things that go with the Champs League......

1/ Not being able to have a pint during the games. A competition thats sponserd by most larger companys in europe. I fully accept its done to prevent trouble but away fans have been on the pi** all day and most home fans have come straight from work and are gagging for a pint.

2/ Advertising hoardings that have to be increased in height by 9 inches. Making the first 2 rows of seating redundant. [ is everyone in Europe short sighted ? ]

3/ Stewards who already have bright yellow flourescent coats on, have to wear bright day glow orange bibs on top.

No

Ding Dong said:

It's this kind of eyewash that gets to me. We are MCFC. That is our 'family'. The rest are welcome but after the game they can cuff off back where they came from! Oh, and Blatter is one fat git who isn't welcome, and Platini is another.

I think a lot of blues feel a bit disillusioned with the CL and its largely down to the fact that we haven't had much joy in our first two campaigns. I think once we start regularly getting out of the groups and make a real challenge (quarters/semi's) we will start to feel good about the CL. Until this season we've mainly been mocked about our failed forays into Europe's elite competition, now we are in the knockouts, we might start to feel more 'involved' and actually enjoy it.

I for one, certainly wont be worrying about what the bleeding stewards are wearing or how high in inches the advertising boards are if the likes of Messi and co are in town for the second leg of a CL semi final.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Ding Dong said:

Doesn't seem to affect me in Level 3!

From row L in 117 I can't see the goal line due to the hoardings and I'm pissed at having to watch through a net.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.