Champions League Matches | Semi-Finals | 30 April, 1/7/8 May '24

Well I don't disagree with your entirely but people could make the point against Arsenal being second when they scraped past Porto on penalties in the first knockout round of the competition and then were second best to Bayern Munich in the next round. Over 4 games they didn't make a much of a case for themselves being second best in Europe
I think you may be misunderstanding what I mean when I say second best in Europe. I mean overall, if we were to rank all of the teams on overall quality.

And, for me, when we do that, we are top, Arsenal are second, Leverkusen are third, and the rest are arguable, but I wouldn’t include any of the semi finalists personally.

We and Arsenal have struggled with the demands of English competitions, especially the Premier League. We, compared to them and everyone else, actually started off at an even lower level of energy and fitness due to our treble exploits.

To summarise, I am not saying they or we were the best teams in the competition based on results. I am saying we are the best across Europe, ignoring the results. And they are second.

And that the semifinalists benefited from their domestic campaigns being far less taxing then ours.

No idea how Madrid are gonna fit vinicius and mbappe in the same side. Can’t see mbapoe through the middle as defensively that wouldn’t work with Bellingham, Vinicius and mbappe all offering nothing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.