Champions League - QF: Real Madrid, SF: Arsenal/Bayern, (H) for 2nd legs

Who do you want in the Quarter Final?

• Total voters
Yep he went very early for those players taking their pens with heads down. Noted he was Almost full length for one save before the guy even struck it.

Can he play still on loan ain't he.
Loan players have always been able to play against parent clubs in UEFA competitions.
Same in domestic football across Europe - England is pretty much the only country where that rule is in place.

Over 2 legs we will beat anyone IMHO, they fear us not the other way around.

Right now I disagree, albeit I do agree that the fear is still there... for now.

I think we are very similar to when Madrid beat us the other year in that we can score goals against anybody but we are capable of erratic slips of judgement leading to some silly goals being conceded.

The other concern for me was how we stuttered a bit after the penalty at Anfield, we just could not get going again. It was similar a bit when United and Chelsea both went 1-0 up.

That was not there last season in the run-in.

Also, I don't think Pep knows what XI to pick in the big games this season. Unlike the back end last season where the same XI played every game pretty much.

If we can somehow over the international break reset the minds, forget the past and focus on our strengths and what made us good at the back end of last year I think we can win it again.

Right now I disagree, albeit I do agree that the fear is still there... for now.

I think we are very similar to when Madrid beat us the other year in that we can score goals against anybody but we are capable of erratic slips of judgement leading to some silly goals being conceded.

The other concern for me was how we stuttered a bit after the penalty at Anfield, we just could not get going again. It was similar a bit when United and Chelsea both went 1-0 up.

That was not there last season in the run-in.

If we can somehow over the international break reset the minds, forget the past and focus on our strengths and what made us good at the back end of last year I think we can win it again.

We are definitely capable of shipping goals mate that's a given, but over 2 legs the teams we play will have to play out of their skin over 190 minutes.

Now if it were 1 leg knockout IMHO it gets much more tricky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.