Chelsea 2017/2018

They're both shite tbf

Fair but the whole Batshuayi situation is just bizarre to me. Conte brings him in last year, hardly plays him whatsoever, replaces the starter with another starter, and continues to never play him. Now he's loaning him out and bringing in an inconsistent crock. Batshuayi almost had no choice but to get out this window, even temporarily, if he wants to be in Russia this summer.

Really have to say he is not convincing me at all...

He started the season in explosive fashion. He really went far beyond what I was expecting. He has since been in free fall. He has been an absolute joke in the last 3 months.

@Chelsea_HQ
2h2 hours ago
More
#Chelsea have accepted that Antonio Conte will move on in the summer and have already agreed agreed terms with Massimiliano Allegri. [Corriere dello Sport]

Disappointing, if true. Not that I would be too disappointed if Conte goes, as much as I like him, I hate his brand of football, I wish we would stop hiring these Mourinho clones. I don't rate Allegri that highly. I think he's clearly a talented manager, but I want to have a complete change in philosophy in terms of the football we play and generally just the way the club is run, for ex, the way we approach transfers and the pressure we put on managers to win instantly, allowing kids like Hudson-Odoi to flounder in the youth teams despite killing it literally at every level he is asked to play, while our first team strikers couldn't hit a barn door between them.

I'd love for Sarri, for instance, and then give him actual control over the players we sign and let him build the team in his vision, but for that to happen, there has to be a change in the entire football outlook at the club from the top down. There would be no point in hiring a guy like Sarri and then forcing players like Alonso, Drinkwater and Bakayoko on him and then expecting him to perform miracles.

The change to 3-5-2 hasn’t worked at all.

Far too reliant on Hazard, their only tactic at the moment seems to be giving it to him. Chelsea need another striker to be able to rotate with Morata (can’t just have one striker at this level) plus another top winger to move back to 3-4-3.

One-man team, for sure. Bit harsh on our defenders, as I think Christensen and Azpi have performed admirably this season, Kante and Cortois too tbh, but for creativity, we literally are a one-man team. It's embarrassing.

One-man team, for sure. Bit harsh on our defenders, as I think Christensen and Azpi have performed admirably this season, Kante and Cortois too tbh, but for creativity, we literally are a one-man team. It's embarrassing.
You think Courtois has done well this season? Haven't watched all your games, admittedly, but he has looked really shaky a lot of the time.

It's obvious Conte is not happy, maybe still upset he wasn't backed fully on the Costa saga?

You think Courtois has done well this season? Haven't watched all your games, admittedly, but he has looked really shaky a lot of the time.

It's obvious Conte is not happy, maybe still upset he wasn't backed fully on the Costa saga?

He's saved us big time in quite a few games. I feel like he's flown under the radar a bit, he's probably a top 5 performer for us this season, behind the other guys I mentioned, Hazard, Christensen, Azpi and Kante.

He was backed on the Costa situation though, Costa is gone and he was given his first choice striker in Morata. That's one situation that went entirely Conte's way IMO. You're right though, he does seem unhappy with something, I don't know what it is, perhaps it's the fact that he wasn't backed fully in the transfer market, and the club didn't land the players that he asked for other than Morata.

He's saved us big time in quite a few games. I feel like he's flown under the radar a bit, he's probably a top 5 performer for us this season, behind the other guys I mentioned, Hazard, Christensen, Azpi and Kante.

He was backed on the Costa situation though, Costa is gone and he was given his first choice striker in Morata. That's one situation that went entirely Conte's way IMO. You're right though, he does seem unhappy with something, I don't know what it is, perhaps it's the fact that he wasn't backed fully in the transfer market, and the club didn't land the players that he asked for other than Morata.
Don't think he wanted to sell Ake Matic etc as he knew he'd need a deeper squad this season with CL. Wanted Llorente as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.