Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I also thought Rodders was going to step up and have pop. I was surprised when Kyle took it.
I was more surprised he thought he had a curler over the wall into the top corner in his locker!!

I would have been ok with it if he went for a powerhouse effort which he can pull off occasionally.

You don't ever deserve 3 points when you lose a lead 3 times.

They were killing us in the half-spaces and Pep failed to adjust all game.

Still a point up going into the international break but a lot for Pep to ponder over.
All I can think about what what if this happened in champions league match? Seriously glad we can address these kind of situations early on. Positives and negative to take away. Fair result in the end.

All I can think about what what if this happened in champions league match? Seriously glad we can address these kind of situations early on. Positives and negative to take away. Fair result in the end.
Yup. That game was very similar to that CL match with Spurs come to think of it.

I felt for Doku. Chelsea targeted him during the first by having Palmer & James double up on him, with Disasi moving across as a deep lying blocker.

Doku's good. Doku's dangerous. But even prime Messi wasn't getting past those three, especially as Gvardiol seemed to lose confidence after being skinned a couple of times & gifting Chelsea a goal, because he couldn't sort his clown feet out.

I knew Palmer would physically put himself about in a way he wasn't able to in a City shirt. This tactic by Chelsea nullified Doku because as soon as Bernardo moved across to help him, it left a gaping hole in the midfield with only Rodri & Akanji playing the hybrid role to deal with Chelsea's midfield three.

We were just out-thought, but made good adjustments in the second half. However, there's nothing you can do about unforced errors & shite defending.

It's not the draw that gets me, it's scoring 4 away & still being held. As a neutral I'd have loved it. As a City fan, I'd have felt better with a 0-0 & knowing our defence held firm.
That's a solid analysis

I agree with TrentGrisham. If we don't control our games. Then we don't deserve to win.

The defence needs work as we shouldn't be conceding 4 goals to anyone. Luckily it was a draw but we have to get better at defending.

A job we know where the back of the net is.

I agree with TrentGrisham. If we don't control our games. Then we don't deserve to win.

The defence needs work as we shouldn't be conceding 4 goals to anyone. Luckily it was a draw but we have to get better at defending.

A job we know where the back of the net is.
I agree also. Reminded me of going out to Monaco having scored 6 over the two legs. Utterly ridiculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.