Chelsea (a) post match thread

We are very very close to being a great team, need to sort the fullbacks and keeper out and we will be really formidable. I thought Delph had a very good game tonight.

I wasn't expecting to win tonight though and if people are just looking at results, they are going to be disappointed for a while yet as Guardiola isn't going to suddenly go pragmatic. We could go like Chelsea and also rely on being quick in transition, but that isn't the style of play we want long term (and rightly so, there's a reason Stamford Bridge is so quiet even when they are running away with the league - it's efficient but ultimately pretty boring football).

We have to keep playing this way, bring in the right players in the summer and keep kicking on. Seeing it more as that, I was actually quite pleased with how much we restricted Chelsea tonight when they did break.

Really? Can you honestly say that? We've just gone to Chelsea away and acted like the fuckin home team pal. They didn't go toe to toe with us once and relied on Hazard. Can't believe how negative some of you lot can be after watching years of pure fuckin shite. Unreal.

So we had more possession....and?

They won without breaking a sweat.

Too many calling out the manager on here tonight. What's he supposed to do, we only played on Sunday then have to go away again against the runaway leaders, maybe Sterling and Yaya weren't fully fit.

Delph did pretty well, and great to see Kompany back.

We have a reasonable run of fixtures now to get some points back.

Yes this season has been disappointing, but for me we just don't have good enough players in some key positions for the manager to really play how he wants successfully.

Two world class full backs and a dominant central midfielder are an absolute must in summer. Get those and I think it'll also help the current squad improve. We should break the bank for Dele Alli and the two best full backs in the world. That's all we need if we keep Vinny fit and Jesus is back.

Agree with that but a goalkeeper is also an absolute must, they are simply not good enough, cabillero is a no.2 for the level we want to be at

My mate, a forest supporter, once said to me, don't ever rely on football to make your day if you've had a shit one.
Today, having had a shit day, I kept that in mind. Something years of supporting City I've been well aware of.
Being a City supporter after 2 league wins and with a world class squad and manager you forget that.
It's the hope that kills you.
This is what it must feel like to support Liverpool or Arsenal.

In 12 months time there will be a lot of f*ckers on here eating their words , Pep's had 9 months with an ageing squad which has had poor acquisitions for four seasons , he will identify the players needed and take us to the next level , anybody doubting Guardiola's credentials really needs to give their head a wobble. A real shame that our success has attracted so many glory hunting dickhead supporters , but i suppose if you have witnessed a lot of shite in the last 50 years like myself a couple of seasons rebuilding is a mild distraction and not the nightmare some appear to be experiencing on here.

This. Some complete KFA fans on here tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.