Chelsea FA Cup s/f (N) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
Rarely go for a keeper, but he deserved it today, by keeping us in the game.

Doku certainly changed the game when he came on and is in danger of replacing Jack in the Starting XI.

Far too many 5/10 performances today, but special mention to Bernie for popping up and doing the business, Stones for playing even though he was literally throwing up and retching, and Kev for putting in another super-human performance at his age.

Lastly, I’m not a huge fan of Kyle and was swearing at him for the stupid last minute foul in Mudryk, but he also put in an amazing performance of stamina in chasing rabbits until the end. Without his pace, we would have been done on the break repeatedly.

Hopefully, I’m not the only one who has seen that teams are now making their runs from inside their own half against our high line defence, and catching us flat footed looking for the offside!! Let’s put our “high line” in our own half, at least, so that the player running in behind at least has a chance of being offside!

Akanji, Jack Kev Doku in that order for me. Akanji really made some big tackles and kept driving us forward. Jack seemed to get us going in second half and was unlucky to be subbed

Ortega for me. Some crucial saves. Doku made a big impact when he came on and we are seeing the benefit of the Grealish-Doku tag team now in opening teams up.

Thought De Bruyne and Bernardo looked off it but they worked tirelessly as ever and the little god then went and got the winner!

Every single player, once again as on Wednesday, was MOTM but I’m only allowed to vote for one and I voted for JS. He obviously wasn’t well in the first half but he battled on and for him to go off at half time was unusual and he probably fought against it.
I know you will say aha EB would vote for JB and in some ways you’d be right but the week this team have given us is sooo magnificent I’m indulging myself and voting for my favourite.
Sorry but @jimharri wouldn't let me vote for them all I bet, if I asked him ;-)
So I’m rebelling *cheeky grin*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.