Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Admittedly, you’ve been hugely successful this last decade and to be fair, I’ve really enjoyed the quality of football you’ve played. I suppose my favourite City team was when Aguero and Silva were in the team. Sublime stuff. However, nothing lasts forever, dynasties come and go and I might be proven wrong but I feel yours is coming to an end.

Nothing against City, per se, but it’s hard to maintain that consistency for years.

I applaud your style of football and the success it brought but to be honest, you are Johnny Come Latelys…you still lag the legacy of the ‘Red Shirts’. Where were you pre 2012?

I admired Arsenal in the early 2000s, big fan of Thierry Henry and used to enjoy you finishing above United. Still would. I almost regret it, having seen that your fanbase are largely arseholes. I've been going to City since 1994 so don't need to respond to that point further.

I wanted you to beat Barcelona in 06 too. But you didn't. So how many of these do you have?

fbl-eur-c1-draw.jpeg.jpg

Admittedly, you’ve been hugely successful this last decade and to be fair, I’ve really enjoyed the quality of football you’ve played. I suppose my favourite City team was when Aguero and Silva were in the team. Sublime stuff. However, nothing lasts forever, dynasties come and go and I might be proven wrong but I feel yours is coming to an end.

Nothing against City, per se, but it’s hard to maintain that consistency for years.

I applaud your style of football and the success it brought but to be honest, you are Johnny Come Latelys…you still lag the legacy of the ‘Red Shirts’. Where were you pre 2012?
The real premiere League started in 2012

:)

Were u a ‘legacy’ team before you stole herbert chapman and half the huddersfield team in the 30s?

How about you fuck off back to the history channel you condescending twat.
Lack the legacy of the red shirts..fuck off again..
Maybe we hadn't won as many trophies but the vast majority of Liverpool and yooniteds were won after 1960s ..
Come back when you win the domestic treble..note I didn't mention the charity shield in that which we also won.

Or come back when you win the treble..or get 100 points..or even if you win the Champions League.
OK

Having won the treble last year and have won the premiership 5 out of the last 6 years you might expect a little tolerance when we have an off day. Or to be more precise an off first half. If we beat Brentford we'll be one point behind Liverpool. Jesus, i hope it's just the the Saturday night ale talking, but some of the reactions on here remind me of certain fans in Trafford when they thought they were god's gift to football.

I really laughed at “legacy”. The language of young clueless football bellends on the internet.

Football is about the here and now mate. Arsenal were a bit more successful than City in the 1930s. So we’re Bolton. In the here and now you are also rans and we are the daddies and your “legacy” means fuck all apart from a delusion to ease your pain.

How can we have 70% possession & 32 shots, yet have less shots on target and less genuine goal scoring opportunities than our opponents? Just think about that for a moment!

We are either the most inefficient team to ever play, or have no idea how to defend! I think it's a mixture of both.

I'm 63 - been going since the late 60s - not a JC lately - although I realise you're not accusing all of us. All dynasties come to an end, but this City team/squad is full of young players - Foden, Haaland, Alvarez, Doku - all early 20s, Dias 26, Grealish, Ake, Akanji - all in the 27/28 range, Stones and Bernardo 29, KDB and Walker over 30 but playing incredible football, Ederson 30 - still young for a GK, Rico 19, Bobb 20 and Nunes 25. The age range is pretty good. Two trophies in the bag this season and still three to play for. No evidence of this dynasty coming to an end.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.