Chelsea (H) - Sat 17th Feb, 17:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to know which Chelsea will turn up. They’ve been incredibly inconsistent. They were excellent away to Villa but dire away to Liverpool. They seem to be struggling to forge an identity as a team.

We weren’t at our best at Stamford Bridge but despite that left the win behind. Pochettino has a decent record against us but even still if feels like we are starting to purr. We haven’t won more than 6 league games in a row this season, it’s time to really put that run together.

I expect Palmer and Sterling to cause us problems but we should have more than enough for them.
You could sound a bit more positive.

I usually agree with your takes, but from a quick look per 90:

Dispossessed:

Doku- 1.83

Grealish- 2.28

And that's with Doku averaging THREE times as many take-ons per 90. Doku's pass completion percentage is only 4% lower than Grealish's. Averaging almost one whole tackle + interception per 90 as well, too.
Doku I can see in the absence of grealish. It’s Alvarez I worry about more. I like him but he’s not a midfielder

Not a bad team. Might suffer trying to control the game without stones and Bernie. They can always come on if needed.

Boring Pep eh Rato !

Go on, explain why
In short, I feel Alvarez playing central makes us worse offensively and defensively. And simultaneously means Phil on the wing.

Rodri will be exposed and overworked in midfield. Akanji is intelligent but doesn't have the composure or passing range to step into DM. Doku will have a few turnovers with no Kovacic or Bernardo to press against a counter attack. Basically I expect us to dominate but be very susceptible to counter attacks.

It concerns me that Bernardo is on the Bench and we continue with Alverez, while I have nothing against Alverez I just feel that Pep is playing him to convince him to stay with us. He is too good to be coming off the bench every game but personally I feel we have more balance when Berny is on the pitch.
I've said this before and got shit on, as it's almost sacrilegious to criticise Pep and suggest that he's playing favourites. Don't get me wrong, Alvarez has played well this whole season, and I like him, but for nearly two months previously, he wasn't playing well and consistently maintained his position. He isn't held to the high standard that Bobb, Palmer, Foden, etc., are/were—just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.