Chelsea (H) - Sun 8th Jan, 16:30 - FA Cup | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCFC1993

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 21.58.33.png

Live on BBC 1 in the UK. 16:30 (GMT) kick off time.

Expecting plenty of changes in this one but hopefully the same result as the both times we've faced them this season.

We face Southampton in the quarter-final of the League Cup 3 days later so we'll have to keep that one in mind.

Predicted XI:
--------------Ortega
Lewis---Stones---Akanji---Ake
--------------Phillips
------Bernardo---Gundogan
Mahrez------Alvarez----Grealish

I think he'll rest Haaland and De Bruyne, I've put Stones in there but could see him being rested as well. Palmer could start.

Don't know if this will be 1 game too far.

Think we’ll prioritise the Southampton game and obviously the derby, so expecting to see a fair bit of rotation. May cost us the game, but Chelsea have plenty of injuries too and at least we have home advantage.

Ortega
Lewis
Akanji
Laporte (hopefully)
Cancelo
Phillips
Bernardo
Foden
Mahrez
Grealish
Alvarez

Will be a totally different team on Sunday and we have the strength in depth to still play a team of full interntionals , Chelsea do not.
Potter will get his P45 on Sunday evening after we have virtually finished Chelsea's season , because they are not getting anywhere near the Champions league with that shower.

Think we’ll prioritise the Southampton game and obviously the derby, so expecting to see a fair bit of rotation. May cost us the game, but Chelsea have plenty of injuries too and at least we have home advantage.

Ortega
Lewis
Akanji
Laporte (hopefully)
Cancelo
Phillips
Bernardo
Foden
Mahrez
Grealish
Alvarez

That’s what I think we’ll see.

I don't usually say this about the cup competitions as I normally want us to win everything but given the congested nature of the second half of the season and the lack of depth we have in certain areas, it might not be such a bad thing if we go out.

For me, this is one of those where if we go through then great but if we lose it could be a blessing in disguise in terms of the Premier League and the Champions League.

Rodri, KDB and Haaland should not be starting this imo.

------------------------Ortega-----------------------
Walker-----Stones--------Laporte-------Gomez
------------K. Philips-----------Gundo-----------------
Mahrez----------------Palmer------------------Foden
----------------------------Alvarez----------------------------

------------------------Ortega-----------------------
Walker-----Stones--------Laporte-------Gomez
------------K. Philips-----------Gundo-----------------
Mahrez----------------Palmer------------------Foden
----------------------------Alvarez----------------------------
Id give stones a rest and play cancelo lb. id play the rest. Need minutes in those players legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.