Chelsea (N) | FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

That result had the chance to make or break us after weds night. To come through that and into the FA cup final I really couldn’t be prouder with the lot of em. Onwards now and heads fucking high.
Yes this if that would have a ex dipper or rag watching their team they would have given us the positive great character and guts etc remarks! Sad that an ex city player seems intent on the negative vibes! Even suggesting we were weak against Real ffs

And is there some myrrh that we were luck there?
The importance of that match lies not just in getting to the final. I sincerely believe that playing that match that way, suffering, going through hell, playing as if running through treacle (we were unrecognisable at times) and still winning it will give us the boost we need to get over the line in the league. In terms of morale, it's simply huge for what remains of the season.

My hats off to you, lads. You can't always play the beautiful game. You were awful today. But it was The Triumph of the Will, as Leni Riefenstahl once put it.

You won. That's all the history books will remember. Onwards…
I listened to David White the other day saying when you win you feel fitter, recover quicker, so important etc.

We needed that win today

Yep but not just playing, it was the CL against the 2nd best team in the world who we dominated, transparent agenda that Pep called out.

I’m slightly less fuming now we’re through but no way would the Red shirts get the same treatment. Anyway, now we have an extra days rest, let’s hope Pep’s training this week includes a night out at the Bamboo Club, I believe Twin Cheeks are on, here’s to the regiment.
Fuck yeah.

I was the same, I just got wound up more and more as the game went on. Not just with our performance but why we were put in that situation by the FA.

I don't think we robbed it, we were not great and could have lost, but we created a bit as well and had a bit more possession and were looking better than them when Doku was on.
The only game I've seen this season that I'd have said we robbed it had we won was the first Villa game.
We robbed it, certainly first half. The clear cut chances they had were ridiculous. It makes it all the sweeter as they robbed two draws off us in the league.

Had to go out at full time. Not seen interviews only what’s on here.

Please tell me Shearer who I don’t usually mind brought up “115”?

Yeah mate would love a rock solid defence but not Peps way - when we score 3 4 or 5 it's not important we concede 1 but this season we haven't quite hit the net as in previous years
We scored exactly 3 goals in the first 9 games of this years CL, sadly couldn’t maintain it the other night but the change of away goals rule cost us. In the past we lost to Monaco and the Spuds in the AG rule.

So glad we won the CL last year. As Mick McCarthy once said when he was the Manager of Wolves and won his first game after a few attempts:

“Mick, was that a monkey off your back?”

“Monkey, it was like Planet of Apes”.

I was just thinking that our team was pretty burned out.

Then in comes Burnardoooo!

Hoping for an all blue final. Stretford might as well forfeit it tomorow.

Get In!
To be honest, Bernie looked as fucked and mentally burnt out as anyone on that pitch. So happy for him after weds that he scored the winner.

The importance of that match lies not just in getting to the final. I sincerely believe that playing that match that way, suffering, going through hell, playing as if running through treacle (we were unrecognisable at times) and still winning it will give us the boost we need to get over the line in the league. In terms of morale, it's simply huge for what remains of the season.

My hats off to you, lads. You can't always play the beautiful game. You were awful today. But it was The Triumph of the Will, as Leni Riefenstahl once put it.

You won. That's all the history books will remember. Onwards…
They're warriors. So proud of them. They're some of the most technically skilled footballers to have ever lived and they all play for the badge like they were born in Burnage.

He can only do it when we win and when it is clear to anyone with half a brain that the team are out on their feet. He still won't get much sympathy but what can he do.
You're right, he more or less said that himself so he did the only thing he could. Perhaps he should have said the fa and TV companies are a bunch of brainless, agenda driven morons. That would have woken them up.
We would all have full confirmation that has been truly consumed by City!

Big hearts and big characters today. Well done City. Another Cup Final. Doku changed the game. Ortega kept us in it.

Whilst I admire Pep's passion speaking afterwards - he was seriously venting, Shearer is right - he does play the same players game after game and could rotate a lot more. Pep won't get any sympathy. His insistence on using a small squad is always going to be a big issue when we're going deep in several competitions. Having said that, our game should have been the Sunday semi final.
Why we should be forced to play our second team just because we're successful?

Most of the Chelsea chances came from sloppy play from us due to tiredness.

I'm fed up up with all English commentators, they all seem to favour any team but City!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.