Chelsea (N) | FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

Had a few comments in work this morning about us having an extra man on our team on saturday evening, namely the ref. Mostly from dippers fans, the rags are keeping their heads down.

Had a few comments in work this morning about us having an extra man on our team on saturday evening, namely the ref. Mostly from dippers fans, the rags are keeping their heads down.
just say thanks for borrowing him as hes been playing for you all season

I might be in a minority but I thought City were the better side on Saturday. Views on how a game has gone tend to be clouded by the expectations beforehand. Chelsea missing a couple of good chances doesn't make them unlucky. Some of the underlying statistics are stark: City/Chelsea attacks 119:64, dangerous attacks 82:35. In fact, every stat indicates that City were much the better side, other than the ridiculous xg.

Which is remarkable after the previous Wednesday night.

I might be in a minority but I thought City were the better side on Saturday. Views on how a game has gone tend to be clouded by the expectations beforehand. Chelsea missing a couple of good chances doesn't make them unlucky. Some of the underlying statistics are stark: City/Chelsea attacks 119:64, dangerous attacks 82:35. In fact, every stat indicates that City were much the better side, other than the ridiculous xg.

Exactly.

Lineker said he might be their fault. It definitely was! We should have had the Sunday game.
The problem with this argument is that Arsenal v Chelsea is scheduled for Tuesday night and on TNT Sports. So that game needs to be moved to accommodate Chelsea playing on the Sunday.

TNT won't accept it being moved because on Wednesday you have Everton v Liverpool on SKY so the potential viewing figures will be affected, and the same if you move it to Thursday because Brighton v City is on SKY (plus Chelsea play again Saturday so Thursday is defo not an option).

We are in bed with the broadcasters because of how much money we get from them, so shitty schedules are part and parcel of the game now especially when we generally go far in every competition.

And whilst I understand Pep's frustration with it, and this is borne from clubs having intense schedules and limited room later in the season, it appears somewhat at odds with the club (and all the others in the PL that benefit from increased broadcasting and exposure) not complaining at all about an expanded group stage in the Champions League!

I think you could have just summed it all up by saying Chelsea were shit….lol

Seriously though, they had a great opportunity to run us ragged but they were too preoccupied with keeping their defensive lines and looking for counter attacks and balls over the top for someone to run onto….embarrassing

We don't have access to the internet all the time over here in FL, and I've just seen that Nicolas Jackson was racially abused.

My first thought was that it was City Supporters at Wembley, but I was "relieved" upon further reading to find that it was via social media.

Racism is a disgusting practice, and shouldn't be tolerated in any form. I apologise to all those at the game on Saturday for even thinking that they might have had anything to do with it, and I utterly condemn the scumbags, who have stooped so low.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.