Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
We both know there's a world of difference between what Spurs and PSG did to being tough/hard to play against. It was the fact his teams did it twice which tells me it wasn't the players losing their heads, it was him telling them to lose their heads.

I've said elsewhere I think next year will probably be the most difficult PL season of all time. City look superb, Liverpool are finding form and a team, Newcastle have done well, United will have to strengthen, Arsenal will still be decent. Chelsea have some great players but something just doesn't seem right (to me, as an outsider). I think Pochettino will get you playing decent football and I think he will get a lot more out of that squad than recent managers have but I think he's a short term solution (then again, have you ever had a long term one? :) )

By rights, a XI with Mendy, James, Thiago, Koulibaly, Chilwell, Fernandez, Kante, Kovacic, Joao Felix, Sterling and Aubameyang should be very close to the top and no where near the likes of Brentford etc.
I agree that there's a big difference between tough and petulantly dirty. I hope we don't go down that road as it serves no one.

All I'm saying is that we do certainly need some steel, so it's a risk we have to take at this point, I think.

I also agree that Poch is probably a short term fix.

No he called chelsea an artificial club which I found pathetic. But he seems to have made peace with that in terms of receiving shit loads of money.

Some decent Chelsea fans won't be over the moon with his appointment.

Ah! Got you. I don't remember that soundbite, so props to you for that recall.

Yeah, it does seem to make Poch a bit of a hypocrite. A bit embarrassing really.

I'm certainly not over the moon with the appointment. For me it's just about progress, baring in mind that we are a shambles at this moment.

Ah! Got you. I don't remember that soundbite, so props to you for that recall.

Yeah, it does seem to make Poch a bit of a hypocrite. A bit embarrassing really.

I'm certainly not over the moon with the appointment. For me it's just about progress, baring in mind that we are a shambles at this moment.
He was no doubt playing to the spurs gallery at the time, hopefully he has learnt a lesson.

I have no problem with Chelsea finishing just behind City every year. I expect you to finish top 4 next year but there is much work to do.

He was no doubt playing to the spurs gallery at the time, hopefully he has learnt a lesson.

I have no problem with Chelsea finishing just behind City every year. I expect you to finish top 4 next year but there is much work to do.

If we are in touching distance of City next season I'd take that right now. For me a top 4 finish would be our best case scenario, realistically.

What are the chances that Poch has been promised no interference from Boehly but the owner just reneges on this?

That is one of the strangest haircuts I have ever seen. Not flamboyant or novel, just strange.

So many of that sides best years are long behind them. Its awful recruitment tbf.
Mendy
James
Thiago - Gone
Koulibaly - Past it
Chilwell
Fernandez
Kante - Past it, sadly, largely due to injury
Kovacic - Likely gone
Joao Felix - Likely gone
Sterling - Past it
Aubameyang - Past it / Gone

With a few more out the door, as well.

That means their squad for next season is currently:

Mendy/Kapa
James/Cucurella
Fofana/Badiashile
Chalobah
Chilwell/Aziplicueta
Loftus-Cheek/Hall
Fernandez/Mount/Gallagher
Kante/Zakaria
Sterling/Mudryk
Havertz/Boja
Madueke/Ziyech

That’s a midtable side.

Nothing will save Chelsea until they get rid of half their squad, the way they went out and bought all those players was beyond stupid..
Poch will have to address this before a single ball is kicked next season ..

Mendy
James
Thiago - Gone
Koulibaly - Past it
Chilwell
Fernandez
Kante - Past it, sadly, largely due to injury
Kovacic - Likely gone
Joao Felix - Likely gone
Sterling - Past it
Aubameyang - Past it / Gone

With a few more out the door, as well.

That means their squad for next season is currently:

Mendy/Kapa
James/Cucurella
Fofana/Badiashile
Chalobah
Chilwell/Aziplicueta
Loftus-Cheek/Hall
Fernandez/Mount/Gallagher
Kante/Zakaria
Sterling/Mudryk
Havertz/Boja
Madueke/Ziyech

That’s a midtable side.
Its amazing how one giddy new owner can fuck up so badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.