Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

When the charges arising from this investigation finally land it will be a huge story.

Yep and Chelsea's hedge fund owners will fight it to the death because they are that serious it be unprecedented what the premier could do to them! That's just the of books payments to players they signed, players that we were after Arsenal were after! The PSR breaking which could be up to 10+ points deduction could mean it be another season they don't get champs league next season!

The evidence against Granovskaia comes courtesy ov the Cyprus Leaks project and could therefore be subject to the same reservations we had about the Der Spiegel leaks. We know they were stolen not leaked and were of little significance as evidence of financial irregularities. I think if anyone should wait before condemning Chelsea it should be City fans.

That would explain why they're playing Burn at left back over him. Burn is causing them big problems defensively at the moment.

I know a few Geordies and they're fuming that Burn keeps getting picked left back over Hall and can't understand why.

Seems now its quite obvious the obligation to buy him depends on how many games he starts and they're worried about that obligation.
could be a very clever move, play him and pay the set amount, or don't play him,and we know chelsea will be having a fire sale in the summer to meet ffp, whenever this lad played against us,ive was always very impressed

The evidence against Granovskaia comes courtesy ov the Cyprus Leaks project and could therefore be subject to the same reservations we had about the Der Spiegel leaks. We know they were stolen not leaked and were of little significance as evidence of financial irregularities. I think if anyone should wait before condemning Chelsea it should be City fans.

Agree they did admit to of books payments to player purchases and agents that is serious! Doesn't matter it was under Abramovitch new owners will take that responsibility with them..

Not if it's conditional, surely?
I would imagine it’s conditional due to the date the transfer would happen if it’s made permanent. With all the PSR rules kicking in I would think the dates are now crucial, as we’ve seen with the Brennan sale clubs can get caught out. I think there will be plenty of covenants with loan/loan-buy deals that supporters will never know about.

Only thing I could be written in "if player plays a certain amount of games" then the obligation takes effect other wise so I've read it goes straight on the books

There are very detailed accounting rules for when conditional contract terms should be accounted for, although I must admit I haven't paid any attention to them for 30 years.

The practical upshot as far as I remember was that if the condition is certain to be met, then it should be accounted for, if it is likely then it should be disclosed and if it is unlikely it should be ignored. To be reviewed regularly.

Look in City's accounts. It's all explained there, I think under Accounting Policies.

Agree they did admit to of books payments to player purchases and agents that is serious! Doesn't matter it was under Abramovitch new owners will take that responsibility with them..
That's not what I'm taking issue with. The evidence for these off book payments will have to be examined and Chelsea may well find that they are sanctioned severely. But the evidence from Cyprus leaks must also be examined to see whether it's admissible and whether it actually proves anything at all. No-one can take the assertion of the Guardian or some leaks as proof without thorough investigation and analysis. Surely Der Spiegel taught us that.

I see Chelsea fans are less than impressed with the kits being foisted on them by Nike...

And it seems they've got 7 more years of Nike's kits to look forward to. Shame, eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.