Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

Generally on Chelsea though, that was another rather disjointed performance. Sanchez is an awful keeper. He has that Kepa thing where he makes everyone around him nervous. Petrovic is several tiers better than him.

I think the time has come for Sterling to be relegated to the bench. If all we're ever going to get from him is inconsistent performances with inconsistent productivity, then I'd much rather watch Mudryk get the minutes he needs to develop than watch a 29 year old Sterling produce nothing of note 8 out of 10 games. I can accept wild inconsistency from Mudryk, Madueke and these guys because they're young and for the future. Sterling was signed for the here and now.

I think we have it in us to climb up to the 7th. That would still be a god awful season and honestly a sackable outcome but much better than 12th from last season. Poch needs to be careful. He said when he walked in that player selection would be a meritocracy but so far he has proven a little too loyal to certain players.

Generally on Chelsea though, that was another rather disjointed performance. Sanchez is an awful keeper. He has that Kepa thing where he makes everyone around him nervous. Petrovic is several tiers better than him.

I think the time has come for Sterling to be relegated to the bench. If all we're ever going to get from him is inconsistent performances with inconsistent productivity, then I'd much rather watch Mudryk get the minutes he needs to develop than watch a 29 year old Sterling produce nothing of note 8 out of 10 games. I can accept wild inconsistency from Mudryk, Madueke and these guys because they're young and for the future. Sterling was signed for the here and now.

I think we have it in us to climb up to the 7th. That would still be a god awful season and honestly a sackable outcome but much better than 12th from last season. Poch needs to be careful. He said when he walked in that player selection would be a meritocracy but so far he has proven a little too loyal to certain players.
What’s happened to Lavia? What’s his injury? Caicedo looks very poor at times and Gallagher just tries hard. You defo need more quality in CM. I do rate that Enzo though and think he’d be mustard for City next to Rodri

What’s happened to Lavia? What’s his injury? Caicedo looks very poor at times and Gallagher just tries hard. You defo need more quality in CM. I do rate that Enzo though and think he’d be mustard for City next to Rodri

Lavia has managed 45 mins of football this season. He signed for us already injured and the timeframe was meant to be a 2 months but he missed missed 4 months, then had a brief 45 min cameo and now he's been ruled out for the season. Knee issues.

Caicedo has been very good this season. He started off slow but has pretty much been excellent ever since. Gallagher is industrious and hardworking but I still doubt if he should be starter material for us. Enzo has had his ups and downs. He played through injuries and finally succumb to them. I think a midfield of Caicedo, Lavia and Enzo with Gallagher rotating in and out is pretty nice and balanced.

Lavia has managed 45 mins of football this season. He signed for us already injured and the timeframe was meant to be a 2 months but he missed missed 4 months, then had a brief 45 min cameo and now he's been ruled out for the season. Knee issues.

Caicedo has been very good this season. He started off slow but has pretty much been excellent ever since. Gallagher is industrious and hardworking but I still doubt if he should be starter material for us. Enzo has had his ups and downs. He played through injuries and finally succumb to them. I think a midfield of Caicedo, Lavia and Enzo with Gallagher rotating in and out is pretty nice and balanced.
Cheers. Shame that for Lavia he looked a good player at Saints. Not sure I can agree re: Caicedo but you’ve seen far more of him than me.

For me the player I had high hopes of and like Lavia has had a torrid season is Chukwuemeka . We saw a cameo after he came on just like we saw a glimpse early season at WHU where he was injured
Personally I think Gallagher flatters to deceive he has a great engine and gets around but like that French lad Guendozi when he was at Arsenal he gives away far too many fouls often in very dangerous positions and yes he has been important but I personally don’t think he fits well at all with Enzo and Caicedo
I am probably in the minority but if an offer came in for cir £40-£50 million I would snatch their hands off

Seems strong but not very creative though.

yes i agree. Seems to me Chelsea's midfield is filled with shit kickers and not enough guile. I see Caicedo and Gallagher as run about and kick kind of players, theres a place for them but I dont see enough guile from Fernandez to offset it when they win it back. The midfield reminds me a lot of liverpools under Klopp, industrious and only there to cause havoc.

Was he ever creative? I don't think we signed him for his creativity, though he was pretty good passer. That's Enzo's job, also Palmer, Jackson etc. Caicedo, for me, has been excellent in the areas I thought he'd be excellent in. He's a brilliant ball winner, snuffs out attacks really well, senses danger and plugs gaps really well. He can be a bit rash and reckless sometimes (he's escaped a couple of blatant red cards this season imo) but other than his slow and underwhelming start to the season, he's performed to a really high standard this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.