Chelsea v City Post Match Thread

Also we should stop with this spending spree calls. So, we now need an extra 50m to spend for a cb and a lb? If you are given 100m and you can't spend it efficiently, then you're a smuck.

Chippy_boy said:
I forgot to add, that was Joe's fault.

Still, only 1 point dropped eh. We weren't winning it with 5 mins to go.

In that case isnt it 3 points dropped cos it meant we dropped 1 & Chelsea gained 2?

Rammy Blue said:
i♥city! said:
Personally i wouldn't blame hart for this goal . Nasty was supposed to obstruct Torres so hart could come out to punch or catch the ball , However i wouldn't write nasty off for 1 mistake , he had a great game throughout the match , Demechelis on the other hand.....well i hope everyone now know why Malaga let him go for free. If i was to blame anyone for this game , i would blame the manager for some tactical errors. The workload on Aguero was just too much , he should have brought Negredo in earlier on to pair with Aguero . I am yet to see why we bought Navas and what he actually brings to the team . I think its disrespectful for a player like Navas to push Milner down the pecking order when he hasn't earned it yet. He holds the ball for too long, has very poor passes , poor ball control , I know its early days but if i were the Manager i would have thrown in Milner and Negredo , Not Kolarov and Navas . We needed strong , forceful substitutions, not the light weight players he introduced.

Joe was OUTSIDE the box.
In more ways than one.

Yes Joe screwed up big time but he did save us against Moscow, overall the team played well and showed a lot of spirit. MP got his tactics spot on but he can't allow for stupid mistakes we will come again no need to panic and call for players to be dropped.

thought it was a cracking game, superb performance Sergio. Nasri should have stayed on, Yaya was bolloxed, 60 minutes was enough. Rotation Mr P. Hart shouted to late, who comes out like that in that situation made Nasty's decision harder. Mancini looks like he had a point about him. What is the point of paying a number 2 if you dont use him, we should have Dick Wright as number 2, saves more cash FFP.

Here's my thruppence.

First of all I think we had the right setup. I posted the same sort of formation last night and emphasised why Garcia should play that role and let's be fair, he wasn't outstanding but he was good, and I think he could do a job for us there.

The 2 differences between what I put out and Pele was he chose Nasri for Negredo and Demichelis for Micah at CB, I didn't know Demi would be fit enough but there was enough promise there to suggest he'll be good for us but he did struggle at times particularly in the first half. Nasri was a selection that meant intricate passing (and the assist for the goal) but I felt Negredo in there with Aguero off him would give us more to attack with and i think we would have had more and better chances with the 2 strikers up top, but nonetheless, we played well. We kept the ball well and apart from a 10 minute spell in the first half when we didn't work hard enough and Clichy let us down we were good.

In the 2nd half, as normal, we came out up for it and fast and we quickly got the equaliser. We could and maybe should have got another in that period but nevertheless we looked comfortable for the entire half. Then Nastasic and Hart, I will dish out equal blame as both should have done better, fucked up. The team were devastated and rightly so, they had been the better team at Stamford Bridge and been comfortable and been let down by 2 defensive fuck-ups which weren't on. The culprits will hopefully be embarrassed about what they've done and feel they've let the team down because they need to to keep morale up.

My only gripes are that we never keep the intensity up long enough and it always seems they need rousing at half-time to come out and start playing properly, which is getting frustrating as it needs to be translated into larger periods of the game, particularly in the first half.

I also don't think we have a true leader, even with Vincent. None of our players are particularly vocal and that includes the captains. There has been a lack of communication in recent times, particularly on offsides when we push up, set pieces with who's marking who and mistakes like that 2nd goal tonight. We really need someone who is just going to be in each player's ear and not letting our intensity drop or our concentration drop, we need to address this.

All 3 goals had defensive or goalkeeping errors present and that shows how fine the margins are at the top level. Top teams punish mistakes, especially against other top teams. Occassionally you get brilliance but often it's a clear defensive mistake. The players need to remedy these errors because they're proving costly and they're letting the rest of the team, who played well, down.

I'm dissappointed, but I was happy with the general performance and thought we deserved a point if not all 3. The nice aspect regarding dropping people is everyone playing today will likely be rested on wednesday, so that's Pelle's excuse sorted already.

The team has performed admirably in a tough week and they've been let down by 2 very poor defensive errors today. They didn't deserve that as a group and I hope they bounce back as there's been an awful lot of positives from today and these 3 tough away games.

The league table looks poor but I really think we can challenge well this season, because it's coming together and there's just 1 or 2 decisions Pelle has to make, which plenty of people are already discussing, for us to be sorted. January will be interesting, I don't think we'll be quiet this window.

grim up north said:
i♥city! said:
I still don't get why Navas would just stroll into the first team in the expense of a hard working player like Milner (probably our hardest working player since Tevez left) and why wait for Mou to make a substitution before making yours ? Negredo and Milner should have been brought in at about 20minutes to the end of the game . I still don't understand why he introduced Navas and Kolarov .[/

There is a reason he doesn't start a game

Who ? Milner ? is he injured? If not then i would have him ANY DAY over the headless chicken from spain (at least that's how he's been playing.)

Nelly's Left Foot said:
One thing I think I can say with 100% certainty is that Joe Hart would have been screaming that it was his ball and if Nasti left it he would have cleared it easily.Having said that Joe shouldn't have been anywhere near it as it was such a simple ball for Nasti to head back to him. How Nasti can't be aware that Joe is coming is beyond me.

Agree. Don't think Hart needed to come for it, but once he did and called for it (which it's pretty obvious from the reactions of the two that he did), Nasti has to leave it and get out of the way.

ojpQGCn.jpg

Simple question; what is Hart doing out there? I don't give a flying fuck that he may have shouted ''keeper's''; Nastasic was 3 yards in front of Torres and had that situation totally in control. It would have been a routine header back to Hart, had Hart stayed where he should have been.

citymad said:
Feel sorry for ferdandinho, yaya, silva and Sergio. All had excellent games and ran them into the ground. 2 points lost, thanks joe.
1; we were only drawing.

Appalling decision making from Joe. That was basic keeping. Nastasic was in control and all Joe needed to do was give him a target. Overall played very well but looking at the table I'd be amazed if City and United both make the Champions League next year. We've thrown away 5 points away from home already and quite frankly Champions don't lose 3 out of 5 away games. We do look better going forward but as many of us feared it's at the expense of a solid defence. We will need much better defenders to make this new system work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.